ad: hrd-2

Worked 'da COW - KC0W!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4PG, Aug 1, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Well, sort of. I mean, I HAVE worked Tom on several occasions but this one was pretty cool! My wife is working from home (she is a radiologist and due to COVID, has a setup in our office, where my shack is). I was having to be quiet and couldn't talk on the radio, so decided to play around with Morse Runner, the contest simulating software, using headphones.

My 13th contact was Tom, KC0W! I thought that was funny. What wasn't funny is it was my 13 contact but his 23! He was already ahead of me! Darn!!

I'm bored today apparently . . . LOL!!

W7UUU, KU5Q, W4IOA and 3 others like this.
  2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So aren't you afraid of radiation exposure from your wife's equipment?;)

3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Fun!
    I have one of his "rare" ssb cards when he happened to make a foray into phone.

KA0HCP likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I can top that! I have one of his SUPER rare "KC0W around the world" Tee Shirts and own his HST paddle!! :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

W4IOA and K5MUG like this.
  5. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

I have several phone confirmations from 2011-2014 - not that rare back then. Where is he lately? He quit the forum a long time ago but have you heard him on the air this year, any mode?

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Tom took up permanent residence in Saipan about a year and a half ago.

He's using the call KHØ/KCØW

Dave
    W7UUU

7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

cow.jpg
    You got no idea how exciting this was for a total newbie to bust the pileup with my 10 watts and work the cow, this upset a few local big guns that i got him first. But he was 40db over here and easy to work. I have this one and one from his new QHT on FT8.

W4IOA, W7UUU and WZ7U like this.
  8. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

DXSummit is blank on KHØ/KCØW. Is he still active?

* edit * the slashed zeros don't work on that site

KH0/KC0W has been active on data modes.

9. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Very active on FT8.

10. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Great catch Rob.
    Just a chip shot from Oz, no?