Worked All States

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Oct 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here....but I don't consider it "wimping out".

Here's why: A lot of folks don't do paper QSLs any more. So the best way to get a return is to send an SASE with your card. If you REALLY want a card back, print up a generic card with the other ham's call and info on it, and include a note saying "if you don't have cards, just sign this and send it back to me in the enclosed SASE". But that's a lot of work and expense - one can easily spend $100-200 on postage and stationery.

73 de Jim, N2EY

W4NNF likes this.
  2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't think I needed paperwork to know I did (is that too subtle a metaphor?)

Maybe I should put up a sign so everyone else in the neighborhood knows. Or post here (wait, I just did).

3. N2EY

Of course. That's how I got practically every Q. The thing is, working AK from EPA with my setup is a bit of a....sporting course.

Plus with SS, you can only work another station once. So....if I hear an AK station on 20, and work her/him, and later hear that same station on 40, I can't work him/her again in SS. If I don't work that station on 20, I take the chance of not getting AK at all. Same for the rest.

73 de Jim, N2EY

4. N2EY

The job isn't done until the paperwork is finished.

Anybody can claim they made WAS, or DXCC, or can copy 30 wpm, or whatever. But the Gold Standard has always been the certificate.

Not that the people who issue the certificates can't be lied to and faked out. Just that it takes more.

N2SR likes this.
  5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Working all states takes no more than a single weekend in November. ;)

If you work all 83 sections during Sweepstakes, you've Worked All States (and then some). It's the confirmations that'll drive you crazy. :D

WZ7U and N2EY like this.
  6. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You get to clean them again.....:(:)

7. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You and I have different opinions. 300+ countries is 250 more places than 50 states and in most cases a lot further away. I made an effort to get WAS and got it but for being around 53 years at the time I can't take credit for doing it, as it took me so long.

8. K1OIK

Really? I don't have many accomplishments, if any. It took me forever to get DXCC and WAS, 30 years to get my Extra, never built anything homebrew. Almost all of the posters here have more accomplishments. You going to retract your last sentence? I thought not.

9. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You should never take credit for doing anything, Burt. I don't. It's all been done before. :p

K1OIK likes this.
  10. K1OIK

How will I survive? I ignore no one as I have yet to see a person here that I could not learn something from.

W4ZD likes this.