Worked All States

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Oct 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why would working 300+ countries be deemed worthwhile and working all states not?

Both are simply milestones celebrating a number of contacts.

K1TGX, AC8UN, AB8MA and 5 others like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's a great idea! Thanks for the tip

Dave
    W7UUU

3. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Somehow you manage to put down the accomplishments of your fellow hams again? Unless that ham is you?

K1TGX, N2SR, WB0MPB and 5 others like this.
  4. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, indeed.

For most of my years as a ham, I've never had walls in the shack where certificates could be put up. Some years back I got a 3 ring binder and a pile of "sheet protectors", which is where the certificates live.

I think it was @W7UUU's K1T certificate that got me started - thanks Dave!

73 de Jim, N2EY

N2SR and W7UUU like this.
  5. N2EY

Slingshot launcher is my method. Others prefer bow and arrow or air launcher.

73 de Jim, N2EY

N2SR and WD4IGX like this.
  6. N2EY

Doing that would require my designing and building a rig that could do SSB and digital....so it's a ways off.

If I get three more states on 40 CW, I'll have WAS on that band/mode. Just need AK, ID and NE.

73 es TNX de Jim, N2EY

N2SR likes this.
  7. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

All require a bit of skill, a bit of eyesight. If I could somehow employ a rifle (as, for instance, what the Navy uses to launch lines to other ships) I might have a chance. Too damn many trees here, though. There can be too much of a good thing, I guess. Maybe if I powered up the chainsaw, though. :D

8. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm finally putting someone on ignore - other than the Chinese bots that hit the board occasionally. Congratulation - you finally exceeded my 'thick skin' setting.

N2SR and WB0MPB like this.
  9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He's just trying to advertise his videos...like the one where he attempts to vaporize the finals in his AL-811. ;)

WZ7U, AB8MA and N2EY like this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Jim, it was exactly the same with me. I'd done WAS who knows how many times, but never bothered to get the certificate. So, I started from scratch last year and began with Mixed. I've now got some nice certificates and a feeling of accomplishment I somehow didn't have before.

Up next? DXCC. I've started it from scratch, too, and am working my way through it despite the conditions. And having a ball!

N2EY likes this.