Worked All States

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Oct 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ask Denzel Washington.

Or more accurately, Dr. Philip Chandler. This was the secondary plot of an episode of St. Elsewhere, way back when.

And... I would say that said person has indeed run a Marathon on doing so, even if it will never be “officially” recognized.

N2EY likes this.
  2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

This rower doesn't mind to spend money on certain needless things. Papers that prove I did something that no one actually cares about isn't one of the.

3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Isn't that kinda cheesy? If anyone doubts my dxcc I'll show him my lotw account or they can just look at my award badges on my bio here.
    I'm 60 now, don't even hang up my shooting awards (which were much harder and more physical to get). Plus, those awards make me money now, a ham award costing $100 plus just for the "official " paper doesn't so it seems a bit silly. To each there own however.

4. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

An update!

Back when the WAS certificate was issued, the per-band state totals were:

80 CW: 36, 40 CW: 47, 20 CW: 44

Now they're up to:

80 CW: 40, 40 CW: 49, 20 CW: 45

without really trying.

73 de Jim, N2EY

5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good work. Me? I'm slowly chipping away at WAS with my HW-16. :)

N2EY likes this.
  6. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim...nice job....good going. Don't let the grizzly OF's get you down....ya done good.

N2EY likes this.
  7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I still don't have 50 states on 160 meters. Not confirmed, or even worked.:(

I guess it's a matter of putting in time and effort, and I haven't put in much of either on that band. In a 160m contest I can usually work about 35 or maybe 40 fairly easily, in two nights operating about 6-8 hours each night and that's about as much effort as I've ever cared to put in.

But I've worked all 50 on six meters in one weekend (June 1987). The League even commented on that; not sure if that was ever repeated by anybody. "Timing.":)

8. N2EY

It's also a matter of location, rig and antennas.

From where you are (LAX), Alaska is only about 1800 miles and Hawaii is only 2400 miles. The most-distant state from LAX is Maine, at about 2700 miles.

From where I am (EPA), Alaska is 2700 miles and Hawaii is 4800 miles.

9. N2EY

TNX - but I'm not done. Heck I'm just getting started....

W4NNF likes this.
  10. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I still need AK and HI on 80m for 5B-WAS. Have them confirmed on 10-40m.

N2EY likes this.