Worked All States

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Oct 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup. I have some holes to fill for my 10 & 15 meter WAS, so I’m looking forward to those two weekends, along with ARRL 10 Meter in December. Sure would be nice to finish off, though most of what I need is relatively close... primarily in the zone between ground wave and sky wave on each band. Still, you never know... I was once told that I would “never” work DE on 20 (my last state on the band) for the same reason, 2 days later nabbed W1AW/3 589 on 20 CW late in the afternoon. Stranger things!

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I checked my log and confirmed I've worked these states...

• Confusion
    • Delirium
    • Deep
    New ones!:)

3. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! That is quite the achievement to do it with homebrew gear!

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I still need AK and HI on 80m. :)

5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ WW DX SSB is coming up, last weekend in October. (CW is last weekend in November)

I can all but guarantee that stations from both states WILL be on during the contest, and many of them WILL be on 80 meters.

It CAN be done!

W4NNF likes this.
  6. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

So....is LoTW really "paperwork"?

Congrats and 73

N2EY likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As mentioned, with CQ WW events coming, you could get your chance.

Here in the Seattle area, AK and HI are pretty much a "big yawn" as we hear them all the time on all the bands (as they are open of course).

But I'll never forget working my very first HI station as a Novice (WN7AWK) on 40m CW late one night - still remember the call sign and have his card - KH6ISA (now a SK).... wasn't an "official printed QSL" but rather a sticker on a postcard showing the old royal palace in Honolulu - but it may as well been made of solid gold as far as I was concerned!! My very first "DX".... what a thrill ham radio was back then (1974) with no internet - it was all just ....

...magic

Dave
    W7UUU

W4NNF, WX7P, KA2CZU and 3 others like this.
  8. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Jim, That's pretty cool.

Enjoy the satisfaction!!

W7UUU, N3AWS and N2EY like this.
  9. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

JIM
    balloonmix.gif Hats_off[1].gif
    ===== congratulations_fireworks_1_[1].gif
    ============= marching_band_4_th_july[1].gif

N3AWS likes this.
  10. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

The sunrise gray line opening is a great time to work Hawaii. I once worked three Hawaiian stations on 160M in ten minutes!

N2EY likes this.