ad: dxeng

Worked All States

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Oct 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Awesome, Jim!! Congrats :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N2EY likes this.
  2. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Outstanding! Be sure to hang it in a place of honor. :)

N2EY likes this.
  3. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good. On. Ya.

N2EY likes this.
  4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

@N2EY - That is a great looking award. It will look great hanging on your wall Jim. Congratulations.

John, WB0MPB

N2EY likes this.
  5. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got NE some time back. Now just need AK and ID on 40 CW

Also have 40 confirmed on 80 and 45 confirmed on 20.

73 de Jim, N2EY

N2SR and W4NNF like this.
  6. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Even at top of the last cycle I couldn't get WAS from my home in Oregon. DX wasn't an issue and I came close to DXCC on 10m but WAS wasn't to be had. Once I moved to Tennessee I was able to get WAS in just over a year, those north eastern states from Oregon seemed impossible. I looked into getting certificates from the AARL but decided after seeing the costs (even with LOTW) it wasn't worth it to me. I'm happy enough to just apply here for the badges on both my previous callsign and my current call sign. Hopefully in the coming years when the cycle improves I'll get SSB DXCC from Tennessee.

7. N2EY

For me, the easiest way to get "rare" states was to get into the ARRL November Sweepstakes (SS). Lots of stations all over the USA are on the air, and most of them upload to LOTW.

What is "the AARL"?

8. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice. I got all my DXCC contacts in NJ in the mid-90s. 4 QTHs later, in 2013, I had a card counter come to my house in SC and count the DXCC credits. Some of the countries no longer existed (LOL), but they counted for the time the QSO was logged, and I got my DXCC award almost 20 years after getting all the confirmations. It's the only 'paper card' DXCC award I have, and it is dear to my heart because it was earned the old fashioned way. :)

Congratulations.

N2EY likes this.
  9. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hang in there. Sweepstakes will be here in a few weeks.

10. N2EY

7 weekends between the one coming up and CW SS.

TALLY HO!

73 de Jim, N2EY

N2SR likes this.