ad: RichCrouch-1

WooHoo - Passed my Extra today.

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by N4ERZ, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N4ERZ

N4ERZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's taken several months of studying, mostly due to the electrical principles and circuitry etc... but I passed my extra exam today 49/50. Quite ecstatic and am planning to reward myself with a new rig Monday!

Thanks to all that helped along the way,

Zach

2. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats,

Working on my upgrade to general.

Rory

3. W0ZL

W0ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats!

Have Fun!!

Chris

4. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Buy a GREAT rig! It's nice to hear that you spent the time to actually learn the stuff. I really think that's the way the Extra should be.

5. N4ERZ

I've had my eye on the K3 with panadapter for quite some time.

There were several times where I thought about memorizing some of the material and admittedly, there were some of the math problems where I understand the theory but after seeing it so many times, I just knew that answer. With that said, it has been a true education and I have a far better grasp of the hobby and why/how things work than ever before.

Now I'm going to look into getting becoming a VE.

Thanks again,

Zach

6. AE8D

AE8D Ham Member QRZ Page

Zach,
    Congrats on passing your Extra!! For becoming a VE, just search VE on the ARRLs website. There is a link for the manual, which includes the Open Book Review. Just study the material and answer the questions. When I did mine (last month), I just scanned the open book review and emailed it to the ARRL VE Coordinator. Shoot me an email if you like. jmrmkc (at)gmail dot com

Jamie
    W7JAR

7. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations on Passing your Extra :)

8. KA5S

KA5S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well done!

Cortland
    KA5S

9. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Zach:

Congrats on passing the Extra. You did it the right way. It's amazing how much you really learn when trying to understand the material and not just the answers. Now you have a solid foundation and will find yourself learning more and more as time goes on. You will do so by natural absorption, and at an accelerated pace.

FB on becoming a VE. It will bring you a lot of satisfaction. We held a VE session Saturday and all 4 applicants passed.It really makes me feel good to sign the papers for a new license or upgrade, particularly for those who really learned the material. :)

10. N4ERZ

Thanks Randy-

I appreciate the kind words. I am excited to attempt to become a friendly face at testing sessions. I know I have appreciated the friendly VE's that took a few minutes to chat and I hope to join the crowd.

I ish the ULS site would hurry up and process the upgrade, the temp. suffix is getting old already :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.