Wm. Nye Still In Business?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KG4KAH, Oct 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KG4KAH

KG4KAH Ham Member QRZ Page

I wanted to purchase a Nye Viking code key. Morse Express no longer has them for sale. I went to the Nye website, and called them. I got an answering machine and left a message with phone number, and in addition, sent them an e-mail message enquiring about a purchase. So far no response. I assume Nye is no longer in business? Does anyone have any knowledge of this company?

Wade

2. KE0TNL

KE0TNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Untitled.jpg

It says $84.95, they're for sale.

3. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KE0TNL

K0UO likes this.
  5. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess you can read the "handwriting on the wall". They're no longer in business

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Did they process your credit card?

KE0TNL likes this.
  7. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

You might drop a line to Morse Express and ask them what they know about the company. That would be my first step.

KE0TNL likes this.
  8. KE0TNL

I ended up buying a new, opened box Nye Viking key from another OP in the "Swapmeet" so I don't know. I do know that some companies produce for a while and then stop production while they sell off that stock.

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Check with your credit card company, if you provided that information via the website. If you were charged, have them reverse it.

10. KG4KAH

KG4KAH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, guys. I will probably try buying a used on at a local hamfest. JARS Hamfest is coming up in November and our own will be next April. If they were still doing business I would expect them to have either called or answered by email.

Wade