Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by W7GTG, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7GTG

W7GTG Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally taking the big leap and taking the General test. Only got a couple more hours left until I take the test and the nerves are starting to kick in. I know I will pass but still.... anyway see you guys on the other side!

2. KB3TZK

KB3TZK Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck! Tell us how it went.

3. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Good luck. If you have prepared yourself then you will do fine. Come back and tell us after you pass.

Brad

4. KE5ZZN

KE5ZZN Ham Member QRZ Page

I know I'm late, but good luck!

5. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Good luck... Of course you wont need luck. I'm sure you will do just fine. Enjoy your new privlidges..

Lee
    NI7I

6. W7GTG

I PASSED! :) Only missed 4. Now the only problem is I dont have any gear for HF. I will be getting some very soon now. Thanks for the encouragement and hope to talk to all you soon.

7. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Congratulations..... Tomorrow I am assembling my GAP Titan. By the time I fall off the roof 7 or 8 times perhaps we will meet on HF.. I feel like a new ham as well. This is my retirement station and the forst station at home for o20 or so years.. Had been doing my hamming aboard merchant ships.

Anyhow.. hope we meet somewhere on HF soon

Best Regards
    Lee
    NI7I

8. W7GTG

One question... is there an easy bad to get onto for voice? if that makes sense.

9. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Not sure what you mean by "easy". The higher the frequency, the shorter the required antenna. If that's what you mean. No matter what band or bands that you chose, you are bound to meet many new friends. I would recommend a multi band vertical of some sort for starters unless you have a lot of trees to use as supports fopr wire. You might want to invest in one of the ARRL's antenna books.
    t\
    All of the bands are "easy". They each have something different to offer. I would suggest you visit the ARRL site and shop for some books. While you wait for your books to arrive, visit your local club.

regards
    Lee
    NI7I

10. W7GTG

What I mean to say, are there bands that people tend to use more then others? What are the more active bands for just general ragchew?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.