ad: k1jek

Wiring/pins for G-450A Yaesu rotor

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KF3FRK, Sep 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KF3FRK

KF3FRK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently picked up a G-450A and am a trying to understand the wiring of the controller cable. The yaesu manual (http://www.foxtango.org/ft-library/FT-Library/nineties/G-450A Operating Manual.pdf) shows 6 wires being used but the molex connector on the controller box only has 5 wires attached to it. The upper left spot in the box's receptical is empty. Does anyone else with a G-450A only have 5 wires in that spot? I believe this would correspond to pin 3 of the control cable molex connector. I've attached a pic. I've taken off the controller shell and there are no extra wires inside that could have become disconnected.

Thank you,
    Fred

Attached Files:

2. W9RLG

W9RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the same rotator. It only uses 5 wires. The plug at the rotator has pins 1 and 7 are not used and on the control box pin 1 is not used. I just put up this rotator and it works just fine. You can go to the Yaesu sight and download the manual for it and it tells you all about how to align it and such.

Bob

3. KF3FRK

Thank you Bob!

4. KF3FRK

I received a response from Yaesu Tech Support also. They responded that only 4 pins are used and provided the attached diagram. It is important to note that the diagram represents the connector on the control box and rotor, NOT the connectors on the rotor control cable.

Attached Files:

5. W9RLG

W9RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

I just scanned this from my manual!!! Bob

Attached Files:

6. KF3FRK

Yeah, it's kind of funny. The online manual shows 6 wires, your's shows 5 wires, and apparently it really only uses 4 wires.

I may just connect the 5 wires shown in your manual. That 5th wire may be used by a different Yaesu rotor and someday I may wish I hooked up that 5th wire that I'm not currently using.

Thanks for your help!