ad: w5yi

Wires X Help please

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by G4XLO, Aug 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. G4XLO

G4XLO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive just bought a Yaesu FT70 and live approx. 2 miles away from my local Fusion repeater that's Wires X enabled. My problem ins I cant connect to it over Wires X

I have set the repeater in the memory, got the correct offset, tone etc and I can hear QSO's taking place on it.

However, when I press F and AMS to connect nothing happens, even after 3 or 4 attempts - my question is am I missing something maybe in the settings that Ive not done?

Kev

G4XLO

2. KE0CAA

KE0CAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

AMS = Automatic Mode Selection. This will change your radio from FM to Digital Narrow, Digital Wide, and turns on and off the Automatic switching between those modes based on incoming signal.

With Fusion you dont need to do anything special to join a qso beyond keying up and talking like you do on FM. With ams enabled your radio will handle switching modes based on what everyone else is using so you can sit back and enjoy the qso.

Check out https://wp.hamoperator.com/ for all kinds of useful info about System Fusion.

3. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the repeater you are trying to connect to a Wires X repeater? Just because it's fusion does not mean it is a Wires X repeater. Earlier this year I
    purchased an FT991A. I decided to watch a few YouTube videos to learn how to set up Wires X. After that I spent two days trying to connect the
    radio to the local repeater. Then I learned it was just a Fusion repeater and no internet connection to support Wires X. Fusion is all new to me so
    it was a lesson in Fusion I had to learn. There aren't any Wires X repeater in a 50 mile radius of my location.

Good luck,
    Barry, KU3X

4. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Our techie has dragged his feet FOR THREE YEARS! So I set up my Personal Digital Node. I do Access Mode to our "Fusion" repeater and those who can hit it can connect to digital rooms.