Wireless CCTV Solar powered camera install

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by W6VMX, Aug 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W6VMX

W6VMX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Power lines behind my place as seen from directly below them. To date, no discernible interference has been detected on my Yaesu 991a.
    Lines seem to be very clean at my location...........

DSC00001.JPG DSC00002.JPG

2. W6VMX

Info on battery supplier and current pricing........

Apex Battery

Part number is Apex1270F1 and it is an AGM battery with a current price of $9.99 each............

20210807_095232.jpg

I am using 4 of them wired in parallel for a total of 28ah at 12vdc. Plenty of overhead for all we are doing with system to date............

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool Project.

But how can you have 2 - wireless CCTV cameras ?

Wireless is not CCTV where I come from. :rolleyes:

Have Fun.

4. W6VMX

Actually, I have 8 wireless cameras on an NVR (Network Video Recorder) and another 16 wired cameras (one of which is a PTZ camera), on a DVR (Digital Video Recorder).

According to most definitions, CCTV stands for Closed Circuit Television, and by definition, the two are the same, although one is wireless and the other hard wired. See article about CCTV HERE. Hopefully they are the same in Texas as is accepted around the world.:)

Hope this clears up any confusion that may be out there regarding CCTV. Also, YES, Eric and I are having a lot of fun on this project and how well it is progressing so far. Still a few mods to add, and things to tweak. Going to change out the single 5vdc fan to two 12vdc fans to make the internal busing more standard and cooling more efficient. Also going to add a 12vdc floodlight up under the solar panel to illuminate the ground area below the system when foot traffic is detected via motion sensor.

More questions anyone? Please ask away, and thanks.....73...........W6VMX & W6EKB

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    K0UO and KA9JLM like this.
  5. W6VMX

Still waiting for a nice cool day here in Las Vegas to do more on the project. All is working very nicely so far, and voltages holding great overnight with about a .9 amp draw average. Temps seem to get up to around 43° C at their peak (just over 109° F). Watch for more progress soon........................W6VMX

6. W6VMX

Close up photo of the CCTV rack mounted power supply and V/A readout during daytime. Amps go up to just under 4A at night.....................
    Rack1.jpg Rack2.jpg
    Still lots of wires in rack, but much nicer to work on than before with them all under the desk......................

7. BONECRUSHER19

BONECRUSHER19 QRZ Member

Very nice installation,Erics work on the equipment is awesome...his years of electrical is definitely showing....good job guys..

8. W6VMX

Thanks BC19, he learned a lot from his dad and big brother :cool:. Check back, more to come as project progresses......W6VMX