ad: portazero-1

WINTER FIELD DAY JAN 26/27

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by VE3DDL, Jan 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VE3DDL

VE3DDL Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Modes: Any mode… CW, SSB, AM, FM, DStar, C4FM, DMR, Packet, PSK, SSTV, RTTY, Olivia, Satellite, etc…
    Qualifying WFD Modes (underlined): CW, Phone (includes SSB, AM, FM, Dstar, C4FM, Mototurbo... if the end result is voice it’s phone), and Digital (includes PSK, RTTY, Olivia, Packet, SSTV, ATV and other soundcard modes. If the end result is text or a picture, it’s digital).
    FT8 is NOT an acceptable mode See FT8 Note at bottom of page
    ...the new release will NOT do the WFD Exchange as it currently stands. That alone rules out FT8 for WFD.

Why is FT8 not allowed, but nothing is said about JT9 or JT65?
    That "Extra Info" should fit in the 73 exchange. <call> 2H EMA 73

3. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like FT8 has a summer Field Day setting that could possibly be used for WFD!

KY1K likes this.
  4. KI7DQH

KI7DQH Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to WFD here in the PNW. off topic... But my "club" and I got a 1x1 special event call for WFD unfortunately it is currently still registered to a different club. I'm trying to connect with them but I was curious if there is another way to expedite the process.
    Thanks,
    And hope to contact some of you this weekend!
    KI7DQH

5. KK4UGY

KK4UGY Ham Member QRZ Page

where can i find the pdf that the rules page says that reports should be submitted as if paper forms are used? Planning on operating remote, outdoors (car), off commercial power 1O, 70 miles from home.
    kk4ugy
    Wade

6. K5VZD

K5VZD Ham Member QRZ Page

will be causing qrm with my k2 and solar panels from here in texas.. everyone have fun and be safe, especially you "frostbite prone ops up north".
    73 tom

7. K6EIR

K6EIR Ham Member QRZ Page

https://www.winterfieldday.com/rules :)