ad: Mircules-1

winlog32 questions??

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KB5LJQ, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KB5LJQ

KB5LJQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Gents,

After reviewing several posts on this forum, I have decided to attempt to use Winlog32 as my primary logging program. After downloading and interfacing with my Icom rig, I have a couple of questions..Please respond if you know how this is supposed to work.
    1.) My rig is talking to the program and the rig window shows the proper frequency. I thought that this should transfer into the QSO log window automatically, however, all I get in the shaded suggestion box is the band without the khz attached. Yes, I have enabled khz in the settings menu. Do I have to manually log the freq if I want it in the log or is there a trick to getting the data entered via some keystroke?

2.) I now see that one must either have callbook CD's or subscribe to the QRZ XM Logbook service in order to see details of the QSO at the time of entry. Does anyone know if programs like DXkeeper require subscription or do they get callsign QSL data from another source for free?

3.) For this program to make QSL lables, where does the QSL info come from and how is it associated with the QSO data?

Maybe there is something else to read which I have missed. I have just been using the help menu. Any assistance from an experienced user would be appreciated. Thanks and 73's!

KB5LJQ:)

2. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DXKeeper can be configured to obtain QSL data from QRZ.com without requiring a subscription. See

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CallbookLookup

Dave, AA6YQ

3. F6GCI

F6GCI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.