Winlink and winmor with Icom IC 7300

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by VA7LDT, Feb 23, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. VA7LDT

VA7LDT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, I have difficulty making a successful connection using winmor on winlink system. I use an icom 7300 with just one USB cable between the radio and my laptop with win 10. Waterfall works ok, radio is controlled nicely by the software and when I start a new session regardless of what frequency I choose, all end up in failure. Receiving level is as it should be (between half and 3/4 of the receiving bar. USB driver is the latest version from Icom site correctly installed. I need some help finding the error, thank you in advance for any assistance.
    73 VA7LDT

2. KK6RKY

KK6RKY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have an Icom 7100 which has a similar interface for digital programs. Can you be more specific about what happens when you start a session? Does the radio cycle through a key, transmit then listen sequence? Can you check the power output, which would be low or zero if the transmit audio isn't getting to the radio? If the power is low, check the settings like DATA MOD [USB].

Finally, even if everything is set up and working OK, it is sometimes hard to find a suitable station. I sometimes have to try the top 10 or more stations before getting a one that responds. Good luck!

3. K5EJB

K5EJB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the same issue. I can turn my power up to 100% and I am only putting out around 1-3 watts when running VARA on Winlink. I cannot seem to figure out how to fix it. I too am running windows 10, connected by USB to IC7300.

Any help would be wonderful!

4. NQ4T

NQ4T Ham Member QRZ Page

So...have you guys worked any digital with the 7300 before or is this the first?

I had no real issues getting Winlink to work with my 7300...but I'm not doing it with WinMOR anymore since everyone has switched to that newer amateur mode. Still...getting one digital mode working with the 7300 should result in all of them working.

Is the rig in USB-D (data) mode? (Tap the mode, make sure it's already in USB, then tap the data "button").

Is digital mode setup to transmit from USB?

Unfortunately none of you have said *how* it's failing or just what isn't working...so it's damn near impossible to diagnose.