Windows based (maybe linux too) logging program

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KJ4MH, Jun 24, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. KJ4MH

KJ4MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a decent freebie logging program that I could use to download my QRZ log so I wouldn't have to retype everything?

If not, is there a good freebie program that I would have to retype everything?

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Notepad++ works good.

3. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use winlog32
    export qrz log as adif then import into winlg32
    after you get everything in then you can export new qsos or contacts as adif for lotw or qrz or eqsl

4. N0NC

N0NC Ham Member QRZ Page

I use logger32 myself. If you can get your contact info from QRZ in the form of an ADIF file, you can import it to Logger32, and several other loggers. If you want to run Linux, CQR-Log seems to be the most powerful, but I don't feel it is as polished as the available Windows apps. I run Devuan Linux on my desktop, but for ham radio I use windows. Using 10 now that my Win7 machine bit the dust.
    73,Chuck
    N0NC

5. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

for Windows, I like LOG4OM. One of the few pieces of software that version 2 is actually better than version 1! OI like the GUI, very easy to use. Oriente4d for HF.

No one spoke up about N1MM. It's probably the best at scoring for your random contest, including VHF and microwave contests. Feature rich. Never used most features. I dislike its user interface. But it's quite efficient for contesting.

Linux, dunno. Perhaps some Windows logging programs will run under Wine, many programs do these days

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Logbook choices: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/logbooks-logging-programs.43/

Note: A QRZ subscription at the XML or higher level is required to enable export (download) feature.

KA9JLM likes this.
  7. G4POP

G4POP XML Subscriber QRZ Page