windows 10 software..

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by KD7PTN, May 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD7PTN

KD7PTN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a AEA PK232 and just started figuring out packet radio, when my computer crashed. I now have a laptop running windows 10. my question is this, I can not find any program to run with my pakratt … is there any out there that won't cost an arm and a leg?

2. AF9US

AF9US Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KD7PTN:

A long time ago... a terminal program - HyperTerminal used to come bundled with Windows. A long time ago... HyperTerminal was "de-bundled" from Windows but available as a seperate and free download. I gave-up on Windows 10 years ago and lost track of HyperTerminal and its current availability, and do not know what terminal program is current for Windows 10.

Using a terminal program to talk the PK-232 would also required the use of the command-line interface of the PK-232, instead of offering a Graphical User Interface.

AEA used to offer a GUI program for the PK-232 called PC Pakratt. It was a very nice application. I believe it is still available from AEA, don't know the price.

Good luck in your search for an application program to use with the PK-232, it's been around for a long time. And, the PK-232 has periodically been updated.
    Bernie, AF9US

3. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

You can always get PuTTY. PuTTY has been around for a long time and works on almost any platform. I have been using it for a long time. I retired in 2011 but was using it long before that. I use it for general serial port communication and for X-Windows use (Cygwin64).

KJ4VTH likes this.
  4. KF5RRF

KF5RRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page