windows 10 and yaesu comm port drivers

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by WF7V, Nov 17, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

If you installed correctly as soon as you plug in the radio you should see it recognized by windows. If not check another cable. You should see in device manager that its installed and what com port it is. It gets pretty tiring with all the issues no matter what platform you use and I cannot for the life of me see how any of it is reliable in an emergency, Just another mass fad in ham radio I guess. It would be nice if some software engineer came out with a basic operating system to run these modes. I would pay for that. maybe a stripped down win 7 or something. When I had such and animal running I never had any problems.

2. W1ER

W1ER Ham Member QRZ Page

Cable has been confirmed good, computer USB ports have been confirmed good, and running the driver installation program does not show any errors when it is run. But when I connect the USB cable from the radio to the computer and the radio and then turn on the radio, northing happens. Inspecting Device manager does not show the new driver com ports. So it is down to a WIN10 issue or a problem with the USB port on the FT3K. At this point, I'm unsure what to do next to try to isolate the problem and I really do not want to send the FT3K out to Yaesu blindly.

W1ER

3. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Not the radio. If you don't see it in device manager its not installed and something is stopping it. I am at a loss where that is concerned. I would try the wsjtx and or JS8 call groups. So far they have been the best help to me.