windows 10 and yaesu comm port drivers

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by WF7V, Nov 17, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

They warn not to use the Win7 system drivers, and do not plug the device in before installing the original drivers.

If you plug in the device first, The PID entry will make Win7 use its drivers or use ones from the internet because they are newer. But you can fix that by deleting the Hidden Devices in Control Panel, and start over.

USB is hit or miss I think. I like real ports, and have some too. :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. WF7V

WF7V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all the help. one way or the other I will get this figured out.
    TNX Scot WF7V

3. KA9JLM

I would not give up on it. It is a can do.

My son bricked a router once, and JTAG was worth learning to fix it, just for grins. :D

Linux is good for poking around in hardware, If Windows fails you.

Good Luck. You can get it working.:)

4. KF5YOT

KF5YOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, and I read the warnings and followed the instructions to the letter and still got some unknown error on one of the comports wouldn't install properly. But the X86 version installed like a champ on my Vista laptop, but had to use the 64bit version for windows 7.

5. NP2GG

NP2GG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

After reading through this thread as well as other threads on the Silicon Labs website, I thought I'd post my own experience with this driver issue and windows 10. I had previously been using my Yaseu FTDx1200 radio and it's sound card adapter (SCU-17) with ham radio deluxe on a windows XP system without issues. I just purchased a Dell XPS 8900 computer. Using the windows 10 driver specified on the Silicon Labs website ( http://community.silabs.com/mgrfq63796/attachments/mgrfq63796/5/2268/1/Win10_Drive.zip ), I first installed the driver then attached my Yaesu radio with the SCU-17 external sound card interface. Comports were found, (Com 4 and 3) and it is working flawlessly. As noted above, this can be difficult to rectify once the harm is done. In any event, I am proof that this driver can work with windows 10 in a brand-new computer that was not upgraded from a prior version of windows.

KA9JLM likes this.
  6. WF7V

interesting I can get the computer to see the scu 17 on the win 10 computer but not the yaesu drivers. it acts like they are not unzipping correctly. what program did you use to unzip the files. glad you have had good results. I'm not a computer guy just a humble machinist. also i assume you use the 64 bit version? thanks for the post as usual it most likely the operator. if i look at hidden devices there are a whole bunch that show up not sure what hidden device to remove if thats the problem. thanks this helps a bunch.
    73 Scot WF7V

7. NP2GG

I used the 64 bit version of the driver I posted in my message above. The built in Windows 10 file system opens the archive and I clicked on down to the CP210xVCPInstaller_x64.exe file, double clicked it, and it installed.

8. WF7V

Thanks for the info I'll get this figured out sooner or latter. sixty year old grey matter is starting to get corrupted but i'll get it . thanks Scot

KA9JLM likes this.
  9. KA9JLM

It is great that you have it working. It seemed to be a can do.

That installer looks like it will work, If the Sub Dir structure unzips properly to the local drive.

Once Scot gets it unzipped properly he may be good to go.

10. NP2GG