ad: AlphaRF-1

Wanted Window Antenna Feedthrough

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N4ADK, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N4ADK

N4ADK Ham Member QRZ Page

SOLD!

Hi,

So I'm not the best mechanically-skilled person and I'm not 100% wanting to build my own basic window panel with antenna feed through and ground, so I was wondering if anyone happened to have one or can build one that I could purchase. It must have at least 2 antenna feed through points with SO-239 and also a ground.

I am aware that MFJ sells one, but I'd like to get one for less than $60.

Thanks.

2. KJ4UZM

KJ4UZM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have an MFJ 4602 that is new in the box. The box is still sealed.
    The box is in excellent condition but the date on the box is from 1-15-2008.

3. N4ADK

Sorry, I would not be interested in the 4602. It has too many things that I would not use. Plus, I would like to purchase one for well below $60.

Thanks

4. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What are you looking to spend?

5. N4ADK

As low as possible. Throw me an offer and I'll judge what I'm willing to spend based on what it is.

6. K0ATG

K0ATG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd build you one to spec, but check out what double size connectors cost these days. A couple of quality "N"'s and a couple of SO-239's and your all ready at $60+ in parts. More if you want insulation sandwiched between the aluminum plates to keep out the cold.

MFJ buys connectors and material in bulk and they're assembled in China....a fair amount of work goes into these.

7. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My thoughts exactly. Your never going to have one made and shipped for anything less the $60.

I made one using 1x2 pine and long male connectors. If you want to do it cheap, you'll have to do it yourself.

8. K0ATG

K0ATG Ham Member QRZ Page

And if you can read a tape measure, cut a straight line and drill some holes you can make it exactly to your specifications.:)
    Super easy project!:D

9. N4ADK

Problem is I don't have the tools necessary nor the time since school is starting back up. I wouldn't be able to do it on my own.. But yeah I didn't know that about the parts costs and how MFJ's pricing is comparatively. I guess I'll be purchasing from them or another dealer like them.

10. KD3NE

KD3NE Ham Member QRZ Page

This is how I did it .......

I made a bulkhead out of 3/4" plywood to fit the window opening.

Drilled for what I needed.

Mounted it up without connectors ...... just the holes for them.

Inside I cut a piece of that foam board insulation called THERMASHEATH.

Next I poked holes through the thermasheath to match the bulkhead holes.

Fed cables through thermasheath to connectors in bulkhead.

Best thing I ever did ....... cables through window .... room fully sealed off from outside weather.

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.