Win4K3 Suite

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by W3PNM, Mar 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3PNM

W3PNM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm evaluating a 30 day trial of Win4K3 Suite. I must be missing something as I don't see the big advantage of using the software with my Elecraft equipment. It does make it easy to set up virtual com ports so I can run N1MM, DX Labs, WJTX, etc. at the same time but there are other ways to accomplish that.

I want to be fair to the software author but it seems just as easy to control the equipment directly than it does through a software interface.

What am I missing?

Bill

2. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K3 family transceivers pack a lot of functionality into a small box. As a result, some K3 ops have difficulty with the front panel ergonomics. Applications like Win4K3 Suite can mitigate this by providing more convenient access to that functionality. Some transceiver control applications enable their users to define custom functions initiated by a mouse click or key strike that perform a sequence of operations, e.g. setting the mode, RX bandwidth, pre-amp, AGC, and antenna selection with a single gesture.

W4RAV likes this.
  3. W3PNM

W3PNM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm about 10 days into the trial period with Win4K3 and will most likely buy it. One nice thing is the ability to create virtual com ports and tie them together in Win4K3. It's nice to be able to run DX Labs, N1MM+ etc concurrently with Win4K3

4. AC9HP

AC9HP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

when I had my K3S it was a must have!