WIN 10 End of Service (EoS) for software versions

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WQ6N, Aug 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WQ6N

WQ6N XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am going through all my WIN10 platforms and have found some on the edge of the Nov 19 EoS. I would bet that many folks are not aware of the version drop date. So here is the lifecycle sheet that can be used as a reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

I am on my 5th platform with the 1903 version update and am happy so far and like what I see. More to go....

2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  3. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe as long as you maintain your Windows updates there is no problem.
    If you prefer to never update Windows will leave you in the dust.
    I recall hearing that Windows 10 was the last version of Windows....meaning that it will be updated but always referred to as Windows 10.
    I also recall hearing that at some time updates will have to be paid for. Pretty soon you will not be owning the OS you will be renting it!

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Win 10 sucks, Win 7 rocks on.

Don't tell or you may get a fake virus. :rolleyes:

5. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't own it now.

6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Never really did, just a license to use.

7. WQ6N

WQ6N XML Subscriber QRZ Page

With all respect, WIN 7 has some serious issues and that's why the govt is moving forward with WIN10 (as fast as any govt can). WIN7 support ends 14jan20. An organization can purchase extended support but it isn't cheap. WIN16 and WIN19 Servers are being deployed.

8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not endorsing Windows....I'm a MAC guy since retiring. I only used Windows because the Engineering World and my fellow hams have endorsed it!

9. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

I have to smile 'cause I took The Wifoid to a clinic today for an MRI and computer they're using for it has Win98; the MRI was built in 2002 and it became problematic with newer versions of Windows so they kept the original Windows software. Hey, whatever works!

KA9JLM likes this.
  10. KJ4RT

KJ4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ever since that convoluted mess they call Win10 I have been what I said I never would be A mac user. I have an old desktop that I am trying to restore to factory on Win8 if and when successful I will probably use it in the ham shack.