ad: AbAuRe-1

William M. Schwartz, K3WI SK November 21, 2021 Age 62

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Dec 3, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

William M. Schwartz, K3WI SK

[​IMG]

William "Bill" M. Schwartz passed away peacefully at home on Sunday, November 21, 2021, just ten months after being diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease).
    Bill was a beloved son, brother, uncle, father, partner, and friend. He was born on December 24, 1958, on Long Island, New York, and raised in Dover, Delaware.

From a young age, he and his father shared a love for Amateur "Ham" Radio. Bill participated in countless competitions and connected with people across the world under his call sign K3WI.

He graduated from Dover High School and received a BA from the University of Delaware. After over 25 years in the finance industry, he began his own online retail business. Bill was active in the community, sharing his experience and helping new entrepreneurs.
    Bill leaves behind his partner, Kathie Boyle; son, William Schwartz, Jr.; daughter, Stephanie Schwartz; mother, Joan Schwartz; sisters, Sharon Benini and Patricia Noble.
    Bill was preceded in death by his friend and father, James Schwartz.

Please consider making a donation to The ALS Association Greater Philadelphia Chapter, 321 Norristown Road, Suite 260, Ambler, PA 19002.

A Celebration of Life will be held at a later time. Email celebrationofbill@gmail.com if you would like to receive information once it is available.
    To leave a condolence visit www.cranstonfuneralhome.com

Published by Delaware State News on Dec. 5, 2021.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/newszapde/name/william-schwartz-obituary?id=31733977

2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

3. WX3B

WX3B Ham Member QRZ Page

Here we are, several months shy of 2 years since one of my best friends and fellow contesters Bill, K3WI became a silent key. Bill spent more time with me, particularly when we were both single, in my basement, in front of the radios, contesting, than anyone else I know. The bond we shared was incredible, and the time we shared was still too short. As we both went on to find the loves of our lives (Bill's Kathie, and Jim's Elizabeth) - we would still get together several times per year for a good contest experience at my station. Bill always set the pace for passion, skill and enthusiasm. He also shared his wisdom and techniques generously with the newer contesters. I learned about one of Bill's nicknames from another good friend during his celebration of life: "Still Bill" - because he was graceful and calm under all circumstances. Bill and I traveled together on DX holidays, and we also operated together at Frank W3LPL's station, setting at least one record for the number of QSOs on 15 meters. We also operated at Jack K4VV's (also SK) super station quite often. After his diagnosis, bill faced his grim future with dignity and enjoyed his remaining days left with his love Kathie by his side. Steve NY3A and I visited bill several months before he died, and he gave us a request to make as many contacts during the next sunspot peak - since he knew he would be unable to join us in that activity. Well Bill - that time is coming fast and we are doing our best to honor that request!! 73 & RIP OM - you were one of a kind and greatly missed!! Sincerely, Jim Nitzberg WX3B

NZ4X likes this.