ad: CQMM-1

William M. Gaines, AD8P SK July 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Jul 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

William M. Gaines, AD8P SK

[​IMG]

— William M. Gaines III, 70, passed away July 8, 2018 in Grove City, Ohio. Bill was born March 12, 1948 in Dayton to the late William and Leona (Furay) Gaines. On September 6, 1969, he married Brenda Ferguson Gaines who survives.

Bill retired from Marathon Oil Company in Findlay where he was a financial analyst. He also owned and operated the former Future Famers Ball Cards and was currently the owner and operator of Happy Lawn Service in Bluffton. Bill was an amateur radio enthusiast and member of the Findlay Radio Club. He was a past den master for the Bluffton Cub Scouts Pack 256. Bill was instrumental in starting soccer programs in the Bluffton area and coached soccer for many years. Bill and his wife planted and were active members of the Bluffton Baptist Church. He enjoyed mowing, helping others, collecting baseball cards, vacationing with his family, mission trips, golfing and his grandchildren. Bill and his wife, Brenda enjoyed playing Santa and Mrs. Claus in the Bluffton area for many years.

Survivors also include two sons, William Gaines IV of Bluffton, Josh (Wendy) Gaines of Lima; a daughter, Amanda (Michael) Murphy of Grove City, four grandchildren, Carys Murphy, Kellen Murphy, Michael "Quinn" Murphy, William "Liam" Murphy; two step grandchildren, T.J. Hughes, Ashley (Nathan) Klingler; and two step great-grandchildren, Julian and Cora Klingler.

Bill was preceded in death by a sister, Claudia Bailey.

Services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, July 14, 2018 at Bluffton Baptist Church. Pastor Steve Pilarsh officiating. Visitation will be Friday from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. & 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Chiles-Laman Funeral & Cremation Services, Bluffton.

Memorial contributions may be made to Bluffton Baptist Church.

Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.chiles-lamanfh.com.

Funeral Home
    Chiles-Laman Funeral & Cremation Services
    239 S Main St
    Bluffton, OH 45817
    (419) 358-2051

Published in The Lima News from July 9 to July 10, 2018
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/limaohio/obituary.aspx?n=william-gaines&pid=189506030&fhid=22547

Copy pasted from Bill's QRZ Biography page.......

I was first licensed as WN8SGH November 7, 1965.
    I allowed my novice to expire then obtained my General class on June 23, 1967 with the call WA8YEE which I held many years.
    I earned my Advanced Class on 10/12/1973.
    I passed the extra exam in August 1978 and was issued the call AD8P.
    My favorite things are dxing, rag chewing and low band contesting. 160 is by far my favorite band and I operate almost exclusively on CW.
    I am a member of FOC, A1-OP, CW-Ops, and a life member of ARRL.
    I respond to all QSL requests. Direct cards are sent back by direct mail.
    Bureau cards are responded to immediately by using GlobalQsl. I really like their service.