ad: Alphaant-1

Will Burt "Hurry-Up" 25' Mast

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KE0QWP, Oct 20, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KE0QWP

KE0QWP Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw one of these in an advertisement on FB at a local pawn shop a few months ago for $300. I was going to investigate but didn't have time and forgot about it. I saw it was still available the other day so yesterday went down to get it. I got it for $250. It also had a good 300watt 400mhz band antenna with it. This has been one of the best finds I've ever had... It helps when the person selling doesn't know what they have.

I just want to tell you this thing is really nice. Can't wait to start using regularly testing out some of my home made antennas.

W1VT, WA6SW and AK5B like this.
  2. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Holy crap! That is a dream find if there ever was one! Please post a picture sometime so we can be tormented with envy even further...

A pawn shop is about the last place I'd expect to find something like that.

3. KE0QWP

received_1129851567544300.jpeg

AK5B and KV6O like this.
  4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A great accessory for that is their drive-on mount. It's also very expensive "new" from the factory, but if you can find a used one for a good deal: Worth it.

If you drive one tire onto the mount it will support that very mast in a 40 mph wind with a serious load on it, without any guying or worries.

Something similar could be homebrewed, but the Wil*Burt one is so nice, lightweight, very strong, and even well finished (black powder coated, like the mast) it's a wonderful find.

5. KE0QWP

If that's the large metal plate that this mast fits into then yes that's how it's mounted in this picture. I just have an old railroad iron sitting on the plate to hold it while I took the picture.

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Perfect.

You got a great deal.

7. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Will-Burt well-known by Commercial TV broadcasters for remote/mobile production Van usage.
    Here is the product page for your used “hurry-up” mast.
    https://www.willburt.com/products/telescopic-masts/hurry-up/