Why this?: "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K7FLY, Jul 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7FLY

K7FLY Ham Member QRZ Page

I am logged in, but am apparently unable to reply on the forum (gear for sale), and the following is posted:

"(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"

What "insufficient privileges," and why can't I reply, even though I am logged in?

Thanks, Reed K7FLY

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You need to be ID Verified: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/how-to-become-a-verified-member.660170/

It's a pretty straightforward process - once you get the green "Verified" banner, you will know you can post in the Swapmeet. Note that ANY post requires IDV - not just to sell but to comment on "for sale" items.

See my Avatar block - it's the green "Verified" block.

The link above covers how to do it.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you sell in the safest online ham radio swapmeet out there.

Dave
    W7UUU

KS4W likes this.
  3. KA3QOT

KA3QOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm verified and my call is my username. Why can't I post here?

4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

To become ID verified, it is required to complete the user identity verified process.

The most preferred way to become ID verified is to use your ARRL LoTW certificate as identification.

During the verification process, there are step by step instructions with screen shots indicating how this is done.

It's easy to become an ID verified user in a few minutes and you can get started on your user account page here:

https://www.qrz.com/manager

When you have completed this ID verification, you will see the following information displayed on your user account page:

verified.jpg

Please indicate if you need any assistance or have any further questions.

Thank you.

5. KA3QOT

I did TFA with my cell phone. I downloaded my LOTW certificate, followed the procedure, but I'm still not verified. I tried 3x.

WQ4G likes this.
  6. KC8VWM

What web browser are you using?

7. KA3QOT

Chrome on PC. I get message import successful, but still no verification.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's probably in queue to be approved - IDV are 100% "Hand Verified" by paid QRZ staff. Give it another day or two

Dave
    W7UUU

9. KC8VWM

Try using Microsoft Edge to complete the LoTW certificate verification.

(This has worked when Chrome didn't for some users)

10. KA3QOT

I though LOTW was instantaneous?