Why the Warnings/Cautions?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by NY8T, Sep 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. NY8T

NY8T Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess that I do not understand the warnings and cautions that are issued. With fraud rampant, why allow posts from those who cant/wont follow the rules? Since time is spent reviewing each posting, why not take the quick solution, delete the post, and see how long it takes those who fail to comply, fall in line with the majority?

I guess I do not get it?

KA2FIR and N3AB like this.
  2. W2WDX

W2WDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Umm ... pretty simple really. We're adults here. Putting up the warning means the adult can add the correct images or fix the infraction, while not losing time on their ad. And the Zed does not risk pissing-off adults who will simply go elsewhere if treated like a child here.

You send children to their rooms, not adults.

3. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Immediately deleting non complying posts used to be SOP, but it obviously was decided that issuing a very visible Caution / Warning was a good alternative in many cases. I think an Ad still might get pulled if the poster doesn't soon bring it into compliance.

For most of the fraud complaints reported here the victim was their own worst enemy. I do not recall even one case where the Caution / Warning notification system drew any complaints from a fraud victim. Use you head, and most of the time you will not get burnt.

KA2FIR and N3AB like this.
  4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw two separate ads today where the poster copied an image from the web and used it in the ad.

no comment in the ad was made about the picture being a copy.

5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

You did not send the mod a note saying this was not a legit photo?

KA2FIR, WB7OXP, W3ESE and 1 other person like this.