Why the Lack of Web Presense/Responsiveness for Ham Radio Clubs?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by N2PPK, Aug 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. N2PPK

N2PPK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is what I've seen as well. I guess if someone is known by a single member to be a person of less than savory character, it gives them an opportunity to speak up. However, I've never seen anything but unanimous 'Yea' from the voting members.

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

If a person is a known lid or troublemaker, it is easier to keep him out of a club than remove him later. Why would you want someone in your club that you knew would create a problem, or reflect badly on the group as a whole?

3. WA7WJR

WA7WJR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This criteria seems rather subjective.

Most well written bylaws allow the board of private clubs to revoke membership of any person it does not want on the club membership roles for specific reasons.

I would like to hear from club board members, why new members need to be voted in.

P.S. I am not intending to be an arse about it; I am genuinely curious.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Dictatorship. o_O

5. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I just explained it. It is a way to keep out troublemakers. And it works.

6. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And as for web pages, they are very easy to do. I learned from scratch how to do html. I did a drive-in movie theater site with over 2,000 html pages. I just worked on it as I had time.

7. N7EKU

N7EKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice website - wow!

Except the biggest text, in the most prominent place, is about the Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site so at first I thought it wasn't a ham radio site... I would change that.

Mark.

8. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

Well if you hit the browser REFRESH button a new header appears and along the right side of the menu, five random articles appear!