Why So Many ICOM 7300 radios For Sale?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA3MOJ, Jul 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Because Yaesu make potatoes.

K0UO likes this.
  2. KM6KJI

KM6KJI Ham Member QRZ Page

Being an "entry level" ham myself, I don't find anything wrong or coming short with my IC-7300, although I recently tried to sell or trade it for a different rig. To me, ham radio is collaboration between the machine and the operator. Maybe the IC-7300 is overfeatured for some hams who want to take and enjoy more part of operation. sometimes spinning the dial not knowing what's coming next is more fun than watching the scope over the band.

3. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

And now...

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

It's1.jpg

5. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Ham Member QRZ Page

Personally, I've always lusted after the Icom 7000. It was the hot ticket item when I first got interested in ham radio so many years ago. I remember as a kid walking into ham radio outlet in san diego and clapping eyes on it. Oh it was so beautiful, sleek, and high tech. I fell in love at first sight.
    It only lasted about five seconds until I saw the $1,499.00 price tag.
    If you could imagine the feeling of your heart sinking into your toes, and doing the walk of shame out of the store knowing you could never have it. What thirteen year old could possibly afford that much money? I didn't look at amateur radio again for eight years because of that experience. Sorry for the ramble, but this reminded me of that day. It was the used market that got me interested in amateur radio again, and thank goodness for it!

6. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

It's...

WZ7U likes this.
  7. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Because the receiver sucks. Big design flaw.

8. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Now I’ve seen the 7300 go for $750 shipped.

9. WA3MOJ

WA3MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, the receiver of the ICOM 7300 has got to be better than the ICOM 718, no?
    Opinions?

Attached Files:

10. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Of Course. And ignore the nay sayers on here, if you don't they own you.