Why So Many ICOM 7300 radios For Sale?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA3MOJ, Jul 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe I missed it as one of your points, but, IIRC, Part 97 also said something like: as it is necessary to be a real ham, one must purchase what is colloquially called boat anchors. Those items may or may not be more expensive but provides a ham with more things to dust, are helpful in heating up the shack, and provide a stress test of your home's electrical system resiliency.

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You sure didn't do much of a search; you should have found multiple threads on this and many similar on the same topic: "Why so many Kenwoods for sale?" "Why so many Yaesus for sale?"

The reasons?

1. So many have been sold.
    2. More than a few hams decide they want more of what the 7300 offers and upgrade to the upscale 7610.

Nope. You would be mostly wrong about menus. Most functions you use frequently most assuredly can be controlled with a button or a knob or the touch screen (or the multi-knob) without going through layers of menus. That's mostly setup stuff that requires drilling down. I actually have a 7300 and use it daily BTW. ;)

WA9JOQ likes this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, if dude isnt vilified, err, verified, then don't buy from him. Easy peasy :D

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And be very, very hesitant about responding to an unsolicited offer. It's dangerous enough to respond to the results of a "wanted" ad you place. This is that to the nth power. ;)

WD4IGX likes this.
  5. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Too late for me. Should have checked the forum before proceeding. Fortunately I used PayPal F&F, so I should be covered.

:eek:o_O:rolleyes::D:p:confused::cool:

W4IOA likes this.
  6. VA3VF

An additional benefit of following this rule is that it'll also give you a hernia, so that SSB QSOs can be carried on cogently.;)

7. VA3VF

The 2 step vilification is complete now.:D

WZ7U likes this.
  8. K7HN

K7HN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just sold mine, only a couple months old for $800. I sold it not to get out of ham radio LOL I sold it because I actually wanted a radio with a quieter front end. Hello Yaesu FTDX 3000

VK6APZ and KE0EYJ like this.
  9. KD8ZMN

KD8ZMN Ham Member QRZ Page

I knew someone who purchased a IC7300 when it was new and kept it for only a short time. His reason for selling? He upgraded to a Flex radio.

10. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey look, I carried that boatachor for three hours around the Dayton parking lot. It was 95 degrees outside and I had no water, or even a rancid hamfest hot dog to help keep me alive.

If that self inflicted torture doesn't make me a real ham yet, I don't know what does.

VK6APZ, KE0EYJ, W7TCT and 1 other person like this.