Why reload your log book to LoTW?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by ON6KE, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. ON6KE

ON6KE Ham Member QRZ Page

I quite often see confirmed QSO's reconfirmed on LoTW.
    I fail to understand why people reload their logs to LoTW. Does anyone know what that is supposed to be good for?

73, good DX
    Gust ON6KE

2. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Possible they hit the wrong button in the logging program.

N3FJP has Entire Log, just below All Contacts Not uploaded.

upload_2016-10-4_9-20-56.png

3. ON6KE

ON6KE Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a switch in DXKeeper that prevents loading already uploaded Q's to LoTW.
    But before that if I want to do an upload DXKeeper only selects the records that haven't been uploaded to LoTW yet. (which is what most log book apps do)

It's weird though.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I've hit the "whole log" button in N3FJP a time or two by accident - it happens. No harm done.

Dave
    W7UUU

WU8Y likes this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I upload directly using TQSL and you would have to specifically ask it to include duplicates. What I upload usually overlaps the previous one and TQSL rejects the overlap as duplicates.

6. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Older versions of TQSL did not give that option. It's a nice feature to have, and I'm glad they implemented it.

7. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

With the exception of some of the more anally retentive denizens among us pointing out that "you have multiple confirmations".
    Well I guess multiple confirmations are better than none. Now that I think about it...the annally retentive are probably preaching to the compulsive!

8. NM7L

NM7L Ham Member QRZ Page

What's a log book??? <jk>

KG5UN likes this.
  9. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I store my confirmed LOTW QSLs in an EXCEL file on my computer. If I have a QSO confirmed with a station in 2009, it gets stored in the EXCEL file then.
    If the station reconfirms again in 2016, it shows up as a new confirmation in 2016, so it goes into my EXCEL file again. So LOTW says I have 1000 confirmations, but there are 1001 confirmations in my EXCEL file, and I have to search the file for the dupe.
    This duplication is avoided if I download and convert all the confirmed entries into the EXCEL file, but that takes longer to download from LOTW than just to download the new entries.
    If LOTW has corrected this duplication problem, that is good news.