ad: M2Ant-1

why many ja calls not on qrz

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by N1TIZ, Dec 24, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1TIZ

N1TIZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

de n1tiz I HEARD A STATION NEAR ME WORKING THE JA"S TODAY,,,, OF THE 12 JA"S HE WORKED ONLY 2 CAME UP ON QRZ WHATS UP WITH THAT ,, I HEARD ALL QSO"S AND I WAS LOGGED IN ANY BODY KNOW WHY THIS IS???????

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe so. But I don't find that to be the case with the ones I work.
    They have to voluntarily sign up to be listed. Language barrier, etc are factors.

VK6LDL likes this.
  3. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The only stations that are automatically added to QRZ are USA. The rest of the world as @KP4SX mentioned, have to ask to be added. I have found that a lot of JA stations are listed here, but obviously not all of them!

That goes for any other "DX" station(s) also.

K0UO likes this.
  4. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure this is strictly true - I don't think I ever asked to be added and there are UK silent keys still in QRZ who, I know, didn't - G3TZZ is there and he died before the internet existed! My understanding is that QRZ will load in the official licence databases from any country that makes them readily available in a suitable format - perhaps the Japanese database is either not available or is just too difficult to process?

Martin (G8FXC)

5. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Could be... I am certainly not the authority, but my understanding was what I posted. There is a good chance that I was wrong! Maybe a real authority will check in and help straighten me out?

In any event, there are certainly reasons why a call sign might not be in the data base.

Thanks Martin and Merry Christmas!

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

I think they did incorporate some listing from the UK many years ago. RSGB? May have been a single shot.

7. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

IMHO...I think the reasons are just as mentioned by KP4SX and WG7X etc, "Language barrier" and "None US".

Unfortunately, as you know well, we don't speak/use English/Alphabets in daily life, but only Japanese.
    Actually , many JAs try to be added to the database but many of them give up on the way to be added to it because of "Language barrier".

We have an official web site on the "Telecommunications Bureau of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications", but it is displayed only in Japanese. The displayed information does not include the "operator's name", "station address" and "details of postal address" due to the "Personal Information Protection Law". It is not like the FCC. So, it means that the information is available but is not enough to be added to our database.

If you are interested, please visit the website here and search some JAs:
    https://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/musen/...eID=3&CONFIRM=0&SelectID=1&SelectOW=01#result
    ---
    JARL English page:
    https://www.jarl.org/English/0-2.htm

Merry Christmas and HNY!

Kaz, JA6XZS
    DX Helper, QRZ.com

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    WG7X and KP4SX like this.