ad: Radclub22-1

Why Doesn\'t The FCC Crack Down on Export 11M

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. VE7IBV

VE7IBV Ham Member QRZ Page

I left 11 Meters 14 years ago and I left when Cb was in its hay day. You couldnt find a spot on the legal 40 Or the illegal 26.00 t 28.045 Megs. Hell I worked a few 458's and cobra 148,2000 to reach out a Extra specil Clean tune up for those who wanted to run a wee ( 100 to 2 KW ) bit of power. I've traveled all 48 US and 10 Canadian provinces I have seen AMplifiers under construction that make our legal limit look like QRP. FOR CB USE with 4 watts drive ??? Then came the RCI Ranger Galaxy Cobra 148 EX all for offshore markets ( thats the Legal hole they are made under), same for Ranger AMps. but as is well said here, Available at any truck stop.
    ever Heard trucker say "gota go Ime Weighing in !" Well I have thousand's of times He is about to get close enough to drive the computer Scales nuts. readouts are disturbed violently by typicall CB radio and POWER that many people run to chat to the car or truck 100 feet in front!
    I remeber one day here in SW BC when OUr DOC at the time decides to join the Police in a truck safety check ANd radio inspection.
    OF some 500 Vehicles checked 467 radioes and over 200 amplifiers were confiscated. From then CB licenced operators. ( if licenced) many of the radioes were the smaller ameteur 12 Volt rigs. Most had Free band capeabilities ANd some low band Free band.
    Seems to me I may be wrong 26.0 to 26.5 is US military allocated. SO why the FCC and Industry Canada sits on its duff has only one answer lack of resolve.
    I would guess the majority of CB and Export CB Have extended range ANd Are united to 100 or more watts . with modulation that is A series of FLAT TOPPED Peeks ANd gaps on an ossiliscope. export model now com in 25 and 100 watt versions. SIMPLE to Modify YOU Bet. Factory Pins and jumpers to set them . RCI 2 jumpers 6 pins will give you a series of options.
    I am crtain FCC AND I. C. are both aware of this, just dont give a damn !
    Whats the result We have to sit on the edge of the 10 meter Phone and try to squeeze them out 12 meters is now their target . Not just 12 but 24.5 to 25,or 25 to 32 Megs. Many no longer bother with the CB look alike they go to a Full HAM radio. IC 706 and Kenwood TS50 are the top choices. WHo cares to look. Police cant touch you its the "radio cops" job.
    I like the idea of a Safety check and radio inspection. Combined You want Bang for the government BUCK ! Follow ups in home checks of those caught.
    Well we know Hollingsworth or Tom Bats cant read so WHy do I bother ! PErhaps some one wil read this to them and Sory uys if we insult you But we have to do some thing to get you off that big comfy chair in your ofice . Clandestine operators dont come to you and say ANything bad !
    Thats why we have to insult your ineptness.

They are not hard to catch, and could be a lucritive fund raiser. Thats your task! OH btw THey are now found in the VHF 150 Meg portion as well how long before we lose 2 meters .

Peter VE7IBV

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Liberal anti-NRA drivel has no place either.

Nobody was using any "dogma" but I do sense a dogpile. Go back to posting pointless Usenet repeats since you lack the resolve to hold people accountable for the actions they do WILLINGLY. If they do it again, that makes them "habitual offenders" & "3 strikes you're out" candidates.

Using your ill conceived logic, why have speed limits because some people don't care about them. Let's just make "fast cars" illegal, whatever definition of them liberal "thinkers" come up with...

Your logic is faulted... go back to Usenet before they miss you!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

You were the one that started posting the NRA-ish dogma, not me, so don't be so shocked and surprised when that kind of crap is challenged in a public forum.

The NRA Magic Formula of "no new laws" and "punish people not objects" cannot be applied to every situation in life.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Really? I started it? You must be having a Alzheimer's moment there OM & I am not shocked nor surprised. Go back & look at your very first post about my citing that actions, not hardware, should be pursued for prosecution. You were the one to bring up the gun analogy which I was just waiting for. I am sorry if you can't be intellectually honest enough to concede that people should be held accountable for their wrong doing. You continue to make excuses for Riley's lack of enforcement results, excuses for posting Usenet CB crap on here giving those jackasses more glory then they are due & most likely further excuses for everything else in your intellectually challenged life. I smell dogpile, not dogma. No "Magic Formula" just basic law enforcement called "Behavioral Modification"! You are clearly a victim of your own ignorance!

Challenge? You are incapable of challenging any thing I have said, since you still fail to explain how you would stop millions of radios already transmitting illegally? You failed to challenge my analogy about speeding & fast cars. Yet you choose to fixate on the NRA & guns, which leads me to believe you are just one of those people who don't have a clue about human nature. A bully ONLY understands being bullied!

Who gives a crap if some people don't want to obey the law? That is what makes them "OUTLAWS"!!! I refuse to simply give in, take the easy "material way" out & not enforce behavioral law because some choose to not to obey it! You don't form public legal policy to accommodate the lowest common denominator!

It is people like you & your ideology that I seek to defeat every chance I get by voting in every election & speaking freely!

5. KD7KOY

KD7KOY Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah..you mean you have to listen in the daytime?..Now, why did'nt I think of that? Now..for the record..do I turn that lttle dail to the right until I hear something or leave it where it be?..(this stuff confuses me..: P) Darn..
    *cracking up*
    You know..you guys are why too serious...have a beer. : )

6. Guest

Guest Guest

(violent reply snipped)

>It is people like you & your ideology that
    >I seek to defeat every chance I get by
    >voting in every election & speaking freely!

Why not just shoot me with your assault rifle? : )

(And when you're reloaded, go after the airport security personnel. They are banning guns, knives, box cutters, and toenail clippers from flights. Go there and rant to them about how they fail to understand your analogy about fast cars. LOL)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ha ha ha. RadioMerc.....afraid to pass laws that limit the sale of illegal gear....cuz it'll jeopardize him owning his widdle assault wifles and wocket waunchers....ha ha ha ha!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

You suffer from delusions of "doing something" by making everything illegal. Fact is until your buddy Wile E. Hollywood gets out of his warm, cozy office chair, illegal means nothing. These radios already ARE ILLEGAL, but we need more laws to make them really illegal this time, right?

Problem is you still fail to address the real problem. A typical permissive liberal who makes endless excuses for ill-behavior & tolerates it because it is "mean" to hold individuals accountable. The myth is you really think you're doing something!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Same here. I live in Mississippi and the CB population is jammed pack...everybody and their mama has a cb. I can't recall one time I have heard the first CB'er in the lower portion of 10M.
    I think that some of you hams are just way off base. You need to spend more time improving on your own station instead of worrying about some outbander. I also think that a lot of you are a bunch of hypocrites. Hams are supposed to run the minimum amount of power for useful communications...so why are there so many 40db over S9 signals on 80 meters...good antenna systems?...yeah right! LET THE FREEBAND CBERS ALONE AND STOP KICKING A DEAD HORSE

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, yeah. You live for the day you can shoot a living human being. I bet you leave your door open at night with a $20 bill stuck in the latch.

RADIOMERCENARY: "I just wish someone would try and trespass on my property. They'll get a gut fulla lead!"

Go fondle your bullets and wait for orders from Charleton Heston.

11. KC9AZL

KC9AZL QRZ Member

If you search cb amps on the net you get replys. Some of these amps are capable of 4 watts in 2000 watts out. I should write a letter to who ever is in charge of cb enforcement and tell him to crack down on these guy. A poster in a cb forum said that he had the right to sell illegal stuff, because of the First Amendment. The First Amendment said nothing about being able to sell illegal stuff as long as it is not used. But the cbers are so dumb they don't know anything. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.