ad: RWAnt-1

Why Does Vermont Not Answer ?????????

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2WH, Jan 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5WVR

N5WVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Even central Vermont, well to the southeast of Grand Isle, actually closer to Montreal than to Boston, the nearest American city. Heck, the name "Vermont" comes from the French "verd mont", or "green mountain", hence the Green Mountain State.

Bienvenue!

AB8MA likes this.
  2. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I know. I was so enthusiastic (at age 10) about our moving to Vermont, I memorized the names of all the counties. And, we brought along our new puppy. :)

W7UUU likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Childhood "new puppy" memories are some of the very best kind of memories one can have in life :)

Dave
    W7UUU

AB8MA likes this.
  4. KC8AMH

KC8AMH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck finding them on 60m and/or 15m, then even tougher luck getting them to confirm in LOTW for both those bands. I have been chasing VT for over a year on FT8 and any other mode also with no luck. The last state i need to confim in LOTW to complete digital 9BWAS

5. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

LOL I Have to start all over from my new "snowbird" location.

Thankfully the DXCC stays with me when I move, but WAS starts from zero.

7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yea, I can relate. I’m 2 away from honor roll but I moved from OH to PA back to OH to Texas to IL back to Texas to IN and back to PA, makes multi band WAS tough but honor roll has always been my goal.

While I have WAS Mixed, SSB & CW the only single band I have is 10 meter. I really didn’t even realize that!

I’m close on 6 meters since I moved to the top of a mountain , need 5 but have to hope for the sunspots to get going for Alaska and Hawaii and not holding my breath! I have a better chance for DXCC on 6 then WAS.