ad: Amateur-1

Why does QRZ work this way?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KA9FCZ, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA9FCZ

KA9FCZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just wondering why when you click on a thread, the first post goes to the bottom as opposed to staying at the top? It seems you always have to scroll backwards to read a thread, especially noticeable on a long one.

Chris KA9FCZ

2. KV4PI

KV4PI Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are logged in and viewing this thread, scroll your mouse over to the right side of the screen and click the dropdown box for "Display." Select Linear Mode.

Did that solve your problem? Hope this helps, and good luck.

Fred
    KK4BAW

EDIT: Maybe this is not your issue. I tried it both ways. For what it's worth, on my screen the first post stays at the top of each thread. Sorry my post may actually be of no help.

3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Mine is the same as KA9FCZ, on every computer I've used. I didn't know it was possible to do it the other way.

4. KA9FCZ

KK4BAW: I followed your instruction, however, when I click on "linear mode", the computer nor web site does nothing.

Chris KA9FCZ

5. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This site works best with Chrome or Firefox. IE is a piece of crap. I can easily switch back and forth between the different display formats, no problem. What browser are you using??

6. KC9UDX

OWB, IBrowse, Chrome, and Opera (Windows 2000). Never tried it with IE.

7. KV4PI

KV4PI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmmm. I'm stumped then. Have you been drinking your V8 juice? :p

8. KA9FCZ

I am using Windows 7 with IE. This is the only web site I've found this works this way. I also look at several others, i.e. lawnsite, arborist, S&W forum, none of these act like this. They are all forward.
    If this is the way this web site is suppose to work, then so be it. I am not complaining whatsoever. I"ll keep using it. Just wondered why?

Chris KA9FCZ

9. KC9UDX

I guess I have to pay more attention. I thought all the forums I read are like this.

10. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

At the top. forum actions\general settings.

Works great in internet explorer. the rest of the browsers are super lame-sauce.

Capture.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.