Why does HRD have it's own forum?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by AC0H, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Any person or company that takes in revenue for their products is commercial software. HRD takes it by donations/subscriptions and we take it by orders at a fixed price.

Dave, AA6YQ's DXLab is truly freeware. He doesn't ask for donations or charge like us or Simons.

If you compare our usberbase to Simon's and Dave's, it would be about the same (around 20,000 users), with alot of duplication between the three. About 75% use my terminal programs in conjunction with DXLab, HRD, DX4Win etc.

The ham market is so small, we developers have to work together.

Best

Rick W4PC

2. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DXLab has been publicly available since 2000. There have been more than 50,000 new installations of DXLab from its distribution sites in the last three years alone.

DXLab interoperates with MultiPSK, CW Skimmer, DM780, MixW; FLDigi, MMTTY, MMVARI, and MMSSTV; many ops employ these applications and use the DXLab Suite for transceiver control, logging, QSL route discovery, DX spot collection, and propagation prediction.

If you're interested in making your application interoperate with DXLab, see

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/Interoperation.htm

Let me know if I can help...

3. K2ZS

K2ZS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One click does nothing for me because I have never been able to get it to work with my Kenwood TS-690. It's a supported radio with definitions in the setup section and after trying repeatedly to get it to work I gave up on it. I made several posts to the HRD forum (his, not here) asking for assistance and never received any responses to my request for help.

I have had it working with my FT-100 but that radio is now in service for mobile HF. Now I use it for my Icom PCR-1000 just for the band spread features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.