Why does HRD have it's own forum?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by AC0H, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AC0H

AC0H Ham Member QRZ Page

Why did every other single logging program EXCEPT HRD get dumped into one forum?

2. KT7DAD

KT7DAD Ham Member QRZ Page

It makes sense.
    HRD is more complex than any other program, it is so much more than logging.
    I use HRD for the following:

Radio control
    Logging
    PSK-31
    Satellite tracking
    Remote radio control.

3. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Because AE1PT, the QRZ forum manager, is an HRD advocate.

N0NC likes this.
  4. AC0H

AC0H Ham Member QRZ Page

Just because the great unwashed horde have problems setting it up means it get it's own forum on QRZ?

If people have a hard time setting up and using the software there's something wrong with the software.

Seems to me QRZ is playing favorites.

Several different software packages will do what HRD does.

When is v5 coming out of beta? It's been a year.
    Is Simon even working on it anymore?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  5. AC0H

AC0H Ham Member QRZ Page

Curious,

Just went to the HRD website and what was the first pop up that came up?

Why.......none other than QRZ.com

Never mind, questions answered.

N0NC likes this.
  6. KT7DAD

KT7DAD Ham Member QRZ Page

And your point is????????

7. AA6YQ

DXLab provides
    • Radio control
    • Remote radio control
    • map-driven and callsign-driven operation of PC-controllable rotators
    • Logging
    • direct printing of QSL cards, QSL labels, envelopes, and envelope labels
    • one-click eQSL and LotW synchronization
    • one-click access to more than 80 web-accessible sources of QSL information
    • Award tracking for DXCC, TopList, Challenge, VUCC, Marathon, WAS, WAC, IOTA, WAZ, WPX, USA-CA, Canadaward, Holyland, DOK, WAE, WAB, DDFM, SRR, RDA, WAHUC, WAIP, WAJA, JCC, JCG, and AJA
    • PSK31/63/125
    • RTTY
    • CW generation
    • operation of multi-mode TNCs (e.g. KAM, PK232, MFJ, SCS)
    • a live Spot Database populated with DX spots from up to 6 sources (telnet clusters, packetclusters, DX Summit) with one entry for each active DX station that is color coded by "need" and LotW/eQSL participation, and whose entries can be independently filtered and displayed in a table, on its world map, and on its zoomable bandspread, with a built-in web server that makes this information available anywhere -- including on smartphones
    • propagation prediction driven by callsign or by selecting a location on the world map
    • propagation monitoring via the NCDXF/IARU HF beacon network
    • interoperation with MultiPSK, MMSSTV, MMVARI, MMTTY, MixW, Fldigi, DM780, HRD, DX Atlas, and CW Skimmer

8. W4RLR

W4RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

I use MacLogger DX. The author of that software has extensively documented the software, has his own Yahoo groups list, and is readily accessible via e-mail. Don Agro has answered my e-mail questions within hours of my sending him a message.

With all that, why would I want to come to QRZ for answers to my Mac Logger DX questions, especially noting the management's preferences for Ham Radio Deluxe (which in itself is a fine program, IF you do Windows).

9. KR2D

KR2D Ham Member QRZ Page

When the forums for loggers were first created, there were a bunch of separate forums for various packages. One was created for DXLab after my suggestion. But there was very little traffic, so it is not surprising that it was dropped during the recent reorganization of forums.

DXLab has a very active Yahoo group, that is likely why there was little traffic in the DXLab forum here on QRZ.

10. AA6YQ

None-the-less, there was traffic; not everyone using DXLab is aware of the DXLab Yahoo Group. The incremental cost of a forum once created is infinitesimal; why remove the forums for DXLab, Logger, ACLog, etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.