Why Do You Contest?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by K9AT, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

Last place is still placing! ;)

2. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member QRZ Page

My marathon strategy...

:eek:

3. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

I made 0. Submit it, you'll beat me :)

4. KF5RHI

Last weekend's sweeps was my first tentative steps into the world of contesting. I think I made a page full of contacts with only four from the same section.

5. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Gawd, now you're hooked.

6. KF5RHI

Sadly! :)

7. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I contest because I like to bully rag chewers and net chewers into fleeing to the WARC bands.

8. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What gets me are the ones that would rather quit then QSY for a weekend to 60, 30, 17 or 12 or switch to another mode for the weekend. All great bands all workable with current wire, beam, quad, vertical or any other antenna one is using if your rig has a tuner. Why would anybody need to take extra blood pressure pills trying to use a band where a major contest is taking place with sooooo many options available??

9. W4JFA

W4JFA Ham Member QRZ Page

The million dollar question is... Why are the bands so full during a contest?
    Million dollar answer... That's how many people like them.

10. WT2P

WT2P Ham Member QRZ Page

It all comes down to these people thinking that the frequency they have been on 7 days a week now is automatically theirs. The radio turns on and it's there. They go to bed and the VFO is still there. Happens enough that they seem to regard it as "their" frequency. And anyone be damned if they violate that sacred spot!

Scanning 40 SSB right now and it's pretty wide open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.