ad: Flexradio-1

Why Do You Contest?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K9AT, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Depends on your category! I saw someone with a single contact in the top ten in one contest. I've taken first place in another with just a few contacts.

2. W6SA

W6SA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It brings joy and satisfaction into my life, Plus it is fun.

I contest. Therefore I am!

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

we have some of the top contesters in the country active in all these contests. SAN DIEGO Section is always well represented. Look for W6Yi or NX6T in ANY contest. The SAn Diego DX club members LIVE to Contest and were even represented in the WRTC contest

4. WZ9O

WZ9O Ham Member QRZ Page

I contest because Northern New York is a very underrepresented ARRL section. When my elmer told me about the thrill of making as many contacts as possible in a short period of time, I had a blast doing it the first time when the 2012 Sweepstakes rolled around, as I felt that Field day was a drag to me because of working with others, as I feel in control of things. However, this year was a little different as I worked with Phil on the CW and SSB sweepstakes and it felt good to mentor another ham into the thrill of the contest

5. VK5OHR

VK5OHR Ham Member QRZ Page

I've tried it...

Was amazed that with no international language skills the 'Q' code still said it all!

My IC-7000 REC/PLAY for messages does automate the call/report process nicely...

;)

6. W4JFA

W4JFA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.