ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KL7JEF

KL7JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't consider myself a naive person. I was in the military for 22 years, been in a few wars, and got exposure to many unique cultures. I came across the public lists of warning letters that the FCC has sent out and as I was reading them I asked myself, Why? I find it impossible that these people think with today's technology, that they can get away with things like blowing up a frequency with excessive power. Another one was lying about being the former owner of a call sign and claiming the wrong box was filled in, but the call sign has the guy's initials in it. How can they think they can get away with it? The work they put in getting the license, and then to put that license in jeopardy for what? They also must know that there are hammers out there that have made it their mission to find all rule breakers. You can't get away with anything, big brother is listening. I am just going to be happy operating, not thinking of ways to break the rules and getting my license revoked. I guess I'm just wondering what the thought process is, with these people. Though I have to admit, it is kind of entertaining, reading how ignorant people can be.;)

Jeff

2. K0CMH

K0CMH Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC has made the amature service a "self policing" service. They depend on Hams informing them of rules violations.

You probably know the answer to your question. Why do people keep robbing banks when they know that almost all get caught. Why do people keep smuggling drugs across borders when they know they will most likely get caught.

Because some people think they can get away with it, because some people need to learn first hand, etc.

Bottom line, to paraphrase a popular saying: " it is hard to fix stupid".

3. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I sincerely hope it's not an indication that people no longer have respect for the license. I would think that the testing process would ensure that they have at least a little skin in the game, but we do seem to be sucking in a few bad apples with the rest of the crop.

This is nothing really new - we've had idjits of this flavor forever. I never understood the attraction of doing something would risk the ire of Fedwell Catch'em and Cancellum.

4. K5KGB

K5KGB Ham Member QRZ Page

I've read those with the 'former call' issue as well. I was thinking more along the lines of "Man, I will have to make dang sure I mark the right box!" when I saw it, and made a mental note to quadruple check. I don't know really whether it was due to that kind of error or not, but I do know I wouldn't want to get a letter over it.

5. KD7EIR

KD7EIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Sadly all facets of life have such idiots, and always will. Frankly, anyone who tries to "work" the licensing system needs to forfeit all their radio equipment and receive a lifetime ban on having any license issued by the FCC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.