Why are some so negativity in the Amateur radio hobby?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AB2YC, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

You are absolutely correct. My Van de Graff generator used to make my hair stand on end when I was in High School. I still have the Van de Graff generator but have no hair. That MUST be what did it.

W4ZD likes this.
  2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Try this one:

i ^ i = .20788

Really! Pun intended.

Check this out: https://www.math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/20013.3.shtml

Enjoy

WZ7U likes this.
  3. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Boy the bull feces is strong with this thread.

ND6M likes this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

5. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, REALly instead of the other COMPLEX jokes.

But philosophically, how can irrational complex imaginary numbers combine to make a real number?? Wow, unexpected...

WZ7U likes this.
  6. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I shed Facebook long ago. Much of the problems today are because of too much information and it's all distorted.

WD4ED likes this.
  7. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know. I have trouble with simple algebra so I can't answer why an irrational, imaginary number combined with itself adds up to more than a pair of irrational, imaginary numbers vying for attention in my mathematically challenged brain. That's probably why I struggle with Smith Charts and any math related to impedances, inductances and all the other fun antenna design stuff. Philosophy; I'm out on that too. So I suppose I'm worthless to the thread at this point.

I suppose I'm more of a brute force kind of guy when it comes to trying to make my antennas play right. Just keep adding and cutting wire till it works. Which doesn't always do it.

If I could get a handle on simulation software I could probably tell you why irrational, imaginary numbers act like that. Probably with gusto. Till then I'm just going to take your word for it. :D

8. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

I found out a long time ago it's easier to quit something if you just never start in the first place. ;)

Oh, this isn't an addictions thread is it? Oops. :oops:

W4IOA likes this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

glitter turd.jpg

W4IOA and VK4FFAB like this.
  10. VE3KDO

VE3KDO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.