ad: SDRKits-1

Why are some so negativity in the Amateur radio hobby?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AB2YC, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Moderating when you are not a moderator is also a violation of the TOS HAHAHAHAHA

N2EY likes this.
  2. W4ZD

W4ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Trying to inject a bit of moderation into a thread is not "moderating." I have no such privileges, and that was surely not my intent. I guess seeing a picture of Rudy Giuliani (who I happen to like) caused me to see red. Good thing I'm not a bull residing in Spain, eh? :D

WZ7U likes this.
  3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well it is certainly not carpentry now is it. LOL

Why, some tapas would be nice right about now.

N2EY and W4ZD like this.
  4. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

White and black are not colors.....

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, one is all colors while the other is the absence of color. At least that's how I remember the fourth grade.

6. W4ZD

W4ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Whatever. Meh... :rolleyes:

7. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Same in politics. Just turn the TV on and listen to the spewing and whining there. It is just human nature. Not sure amateur radio.

8. W4WCB

W4WCB Ham Member QRZ Page

th.jpg
    Please visit the ZED Snack Bar during this brief intermission. :D

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    WZ7U likes this.
  9. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, but that's not...."the truth". Because the word has multiple meanings.

You mention court testimony, where people swear to tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

Consider the case where unarmed Person B is found shot dead and Person A is found a few feet away holding a gun. That's all "the truth", but it's not "the whole truth".

Forensics does research and discovers that the gun being held by A is the gun that fired the bullet that killed Person B. That's more "truth", but it's still not "the whole truth".

We still need more:

Did A actually fire the gun that shot the bullet that killed B? Or did someone else fire it, and A just picked it up?

If it can be shown that A fired the gun that shot the bullet that killed B.....why did A do it? Premeditated murder? Self-defense? Defense of another? Something else? Did A shoot with the intent of killing B, or just stopping B from doing something?

"The truth" has to include all of that before the case can be decided.

Now consider another sort of truth - arithmetic. Plain old addition and subtraction in base 10. One plus one is two - not three, not four, not any other number but two. That's the truth - anything else is not.

W4ZD likes this.
  10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

And that's the truth !

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    KJ4VTH likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.