Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AB2YC, Nov 2, 2018.
Nothing changes but the faces.
I only read the nice posts.
Negativity sells listenership, Too much positive and folks spin the VFO.
I take pictures but had to quit that hobby. They made it too easy for me.
Jeeps, you mean off roading I recon. Well I never gave that up been doing that since a teen.
Hams you'll learn are a nice bunch of people.
See I'm even interested in making this thread turn another page. ... - - - let's go.
I took a long break from photography and to came back to DSLR cameras, wow. I can
shoot as many photos as I want and just delete the bad ones. What a huge cost savings.
Now I just need time and willing subjects. To sit there while I practice and experiment.
Still getting my Jeep sorted out, had a Wrangler Sahara, but traded it in for a Wrangler Rubicon
Since it was my last real chance to get a Wrangler JK (no longer making them).
I do enjoy Ham radio and yes I've met many nice people. So maybe it just poor conditions
and people are getting radio cabin fever. It helps to have multiple hobbies to stay busy.
I have an older Nikon dslr sort of thingee I picked a few years back as a scratch N dent discount.
Only catch is with its one size lens fits all, no one has any filters for it. So some things it just cannot do.
But I am amazed at what it can do. I'm old 35mm kinda guy. And got totally out of that when digital came
Along. I had 5 lens and full set of filters for all and a nice slr body back in the 70s thru 90s. You name it
In 35mm that setup could do it well. So you could say I am starting to get back into photography.
I started a thread on my latest acquisition a Ford F-150.
It's out to lunch too as it is a 2004. But I got it for a good price. And it's going to make for a fine
Beater truck. There might be something of interest so check it out. Seems like not too many are into
Negativity is everywhere nowadays and spreads like wildfire thanks to social media. I myself rarely post or get involved but I especially ignore/avoid the negative nancys out there.
There is good people everywhere, we have to choose to see them.
Simply because many of them are Narcissists.
- and some are hoping that most amateurs will manage to find their microphones again when the sunspots come back.
I do videos on ham radio, 95% are positive but the other 5% get more views than all the other 95%..
I have found many hams are quite helpful, in person.
I'm involved with 2 NH ham clubs where we enthusasticly welcome newcomers and help them where they want it. It's part of the purpose and fun of belonging to those organizations!