Why are some so negativity in the Amateur radio hobby?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AB2YC, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing changes but the faces.

I only read the nice posts.

N1VAU, KU4X and W7UUU like this.
  2. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Negativity sells listenership, Too much positive and folks spin the VFO.

I take pictures but had to quit that hobby. They made it too easy for me.
    Jeeps, you mean off roading I recon. Well I never gave that up been doing that since a teen.

Hams you'll learn are a nice bunch of people.

See I'm even interested in making this thread turn another page. ... - - - let's go.

KA2RRK

3. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

K4AGO likes this.
  4. AB2YC

AB2YC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I took a long break from photography and to came back to DSLR cameras, wow. I can
    shoot as many photos as I want and just delete the bad ones. What a huge cost savings.
    Now I just need time and willing subjects. To sit there while I practice and experiment.

Still getting my Jeep sorted out, had a Wrangler Sahara, but traded it in for a Wrangler Rubicon
    Since it was my last real chance to get a Wrangler JK (no longer making them).

I do enjoy Ham radio and yes I've met many nice people. So maybe it just poor conditions
    and people are getting radio cabin fever. It helps to have multiple hobbies to stay busy.

W1TRY likes this.
  5. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have an older Nikon dslr sort of thingee I picked a few years back as a scratch N dent discount.
    Only catch is with its one size lens fits all, no one has any filters for it. So some things it just cannot do.
    But I am amazed at what it can do. I'm old 35mm kinda guy. And got totally out of that when digital came
    Along. I had 5 lens and full set of filters for all and a nice slr body back in the 70s thru 90s. You name it
    In 35mm that setup could do it well. So you could say I am starting to get back into photography.

I started a thread on my latest acquisition a Ford F-150.
    Here:
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/guerilla-radio-mods-to-a-f150.630910/

It's out to lunch too as it is a 2004. But I got it for a good price. And it's going to make for a fine
    Beater truck. There might be something of interest so check it out. Seems like not too many are into
    it here.

KA2RRK

6. AD0LR

AD0LR Ham Member QRZ Page

Negativity is everywhere nowadays and spreads like wildfire thanks to social media. I myself rarely post or get involved but I especially ignore/avoid the negative nancys out there.

There is good people everywhere, we have to choose to see them.

Brian
    AD0lr

W4ZD likes this.
  7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Simply because many of them are Narcissists.

WQ4G and WZ7U like this.
  8. VK4AQJ

VK4AQJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

- and some are hoping that most amateurs will manage to find their microphones again when the sunspots come back.

9. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I do videos on ham radio, 95% are positive but the other 5% get more views than all the other 95%..

W4ZD and KA2RRK like this.
  10. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have found many hams are quite helpful, in person.

I'm involved with 2 NH ham clubs where we enthusasticly welcome newcomers and help them where they want it. It's part of the purpose and fun of belonging to those organizations!

K1OIK, KA2RRK and WQ2H like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.