Why are people limiting themselves to selling to Continental U.S. only?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KH6NLU, Sep 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
  1. WA7ARZ

WA7ARZ Ham Member QRZ Page

First class is limited to less than a pound

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

13 ounces actually

Dave
    W7UUU

3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

The population of Alaska and Hawaii combined is around 2,140,231. And you say,"Put CONUS Only on your ad and you lose over 2 million customers just in Hawaii and Alaska".

Google says, "QRZ has 600,000 unique visitors per month. Over 50,000 hams from around the globe visit QRZ every day. QRZ has a member base of nearly 500,000 registered users."

So how can you say limiting my ad to CONUS makes me loose "more than 2 million customers? That would mean that everyone that lives in AK and HI are looking at ads on QRZ.
    And I wonder how many of the 2,140,231 population in those 2 states are kids?

Also per the ARRL as of 10-20-2018, AK has 3520 licensed hams and HI has 3936 licensed hams for a total of 7456.

So in my opinion only, I think your numbers are a bit off!

I agree with the post below.
    If what you are selling fits in a flat rate box then the shipping will be the same. If not then the rate grows the further the buyer is from my location. I know that from experience.

So like I said these are my opinions so if I am wrong you may explain to me where I am wrong. I have been wrong many times.

John, WB0MPB

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

"Buyer pays shipping" always works.

W7UUU likes this.