Why are mods deleting posts?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N8WCT, Nov 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N8WCT

N8WCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive had the same post deleted 3 times now, here is the anonymous "alerts" I got...

"Your thread Fluke 123B/003 Oscilloscope was deleted. Reason: Photo required on all items"
    "Your thread Fluke 123B/003 Oscilloscope was deleted. Reason: Photo with call sign required."

Here is the very first pic from every post;

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/R..._gqk4LSO08NVP7XJJyPDpfHmkFqXmcw=w1268-h845-no

The rules say, and I quote "The sellers call sign must appear in at least one photo."

Why dont the mods know the rules on here?

2. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I don’t see any picture, since I don’t log into Google. It seems clear to me that the picture must be part of the posting, not located at a third party site. You could PM the moderator and ask for clarification.

K7TRF, W7UUU and N2EY like this.
  3. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't see your pix - get screen that requests I login w/Google account ....

4. N5RV

N5RV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All I see is a big minus sign with a circle around it.... I am logged into my Google account. Just a note that linked photos are not by default seen by everyone. Linked photos usually have file permissions that only allow the logged in user to see, and that logged in user is you, and only you.

5. N5RV

N5RV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And to add, those permissions can be and often are global from your browser's perspective... so you have access to those files no matter where you place the link.

6. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

All showed up here, and I am not a Google member. Win 7, IE11.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just looked at the link you posted and all I see is a black screen and a big "minus sign". The pictures need to be in the actual ad. Seems I need to log into something to see photos? A potential buyer shouldn't have to do that. If clicking on the "for sale" listing doesn't show pictures, and the viewer is required to log into some external system, that's not likely going to fly here.

Just use the picture upload system that is part of QRZ = problem solved.

The Swapmeet rules here are tight to help prevent ripoffs, and the Swapmeet moderators require the rules to be followed.

Dave
    W7UUU

W1TRY, KJ4POM, N1VAU and 6 others like this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Stop two timing QRZ. ;)

KJ4VTH, KJ4POM and N5RV like this.
  9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page