ad: hrd-2

Why are Hams selling their Soul to HOAs?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W9RAC, Feb 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Did the hypothetical HOA prohibit covenants?

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I think your premise seems to be faulty in that it is predominantly if not totally those who do not live in HOAs doing the whining.

N7EKU, WA5VGO, WA7PRC and 2 others like this.
  3. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You moved to the Northside. No wonder you are topographically challenged. :p

See you at WASHfest?

4. W9RAC

May I suggest a search regarding conversations concerning HOAs, then read who the authors are. 73 Rich

K3EY likes this.
  5. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

Again, who cares? Why is this worthy of any conversation? What do you want anyone to do about this non-existent problem?

Should we get out the tar and feathers? The cone of SHAME be unto them?

WA7PRC likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

W2AI, N4NYK, WA9SVD and 1 other person like this.
  7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Now it seems you are referring to general complaining rather than HOA resident hams. If so, that is irrelevant to any discussion regarding ham radio antennas. But if you insist that such is happening here on this forum from hams actually living in an HOA, you would have a hard time compiling any list of hams greater than a few in number. Consequently, your premise is wrong.

WA7PRC and WX7P like this.
  8. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My friends don't get why I don't want to buy a house with am HOA. I suppose one with existing rules that outlawed antennas would be okay. As some one else pointed it out it does restrict our options. Most of the older neighborhoods with no HOAs have homes that go for much more. One of these days I will build a real station for now we have other priorities and enjoy the low cost of apartment living while we are without children and enjoy traveling as much as we can.

W9RAC likes this.
  9. W9RAC

Please take a moment and read the original posted topic. You appear to have some confusion regarding it. It would prove to be difficult for us who do not live in a HOA to complain about them, reasonably. We are curious to a point of the choices made by those who became subject to them knowingly. I'm very confident you will find the majority, if not all of the complaints comming from those who are affected by the regulations, contrary to you beliefs. 73 Rich

10. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

Stop listening to voices, station, it isn’t good for you