Why are Hams SELLING their Flex Radio(s)?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA4DPO, May 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K0OKS

K0OKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you actually develop filters and such? In other words, do you have access to the sampled data for processing? This might actually be interesting.

2. VE3ZYR

VE3ZYR Ham Member QRZ Page

Make some pop up ads on the control panel, a volume control subscription at only $1.99 per month and special activation codes for each band that don't work if you use an unlicensed capacitor!

3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

You can easily tweak the Flex software to do 11 meters and boost up the power.

K4PIH likes this.
  4. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes and no.

You can't modify what's in the radio. However you can take a full I/Q stream and process it, 192kHz of it, up to 8 of them (6700) using the DAX I/Q API. In fact you can run conventional thick client SDR software such as HDSDR or even PowerSDR (or Rocky!)

You can also write waveforms which take the raw radio data and demodulate it and present it as a mode. For example, there is a waveform for FreeDV available. The API is available to do this.

http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/waveforms/

5. W1PDG

W1PDG Ham Member QRZ Page

Reading through this I kind of get a smile on my face when I read that flex is making the m model to compete with the 7610? Isn’t it icom who is trying to move into the sdr realm?

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Another zombie..

7. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Oops, This Page Could Not Be Found!

Helpful Links