Why are Hams SELLING their Flex Radio(s)?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA4DPO, May 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

These radio's were the next biggest thing since ice cream. Everyone was chaffing at the bit to get one, or to see the review of it... Now I see more than one for sale USED every single day. What gives?!?

What has crashed the honeymoon party of the Flex??

John

KA4DPO

I actually did rip this one off.

W4IOA likes this.
  2. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

That indicates relatively strong penetration into the Ham radio market place by the fact that more in the primary market will have more in the secondary market.

W4IOA likes this.
  3. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see lots of Yaesu, Icom, and Kenwood rigs for sale every single day...

What has crashed the honeymoon party of the Yaecomwood??

W4NNF, NS8N, KE5OFJ and 2 others like this.
  4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

People lost their yen for them?

WD0BCT, K3EY, NZ5F and 5 others like this.
  5. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I love my Flex 6700 and will never go back to dials, switches, knobs and meters that break again. No more bundles of usb and serial cables and wires. Just the coax and an Ethernet cable. It's got everything I need in a 13 pound package so if I do need to ship it for repairs I won't pay a fortune to send a 50 pound package.

My Flex is so loaded with features that I still haven't used them all. Show me a conventional radio that allows you to monitor 8 different bands/modes at the same time. The receiver is outstanding and far superior to that junky 450D I tossed in the garbage.

SDR is the future. Get one and enjoy.

NZ5F, W1DOC, WN2C and 1 other person like this.
  6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They are selling them cuz the ICOM IC-7610 is due out shortly

KC1FUU, W4IOA and WF9Q like this.
  7. KK6NOH

KK6NOH Ham Member QRZ Page

meh no thanks. I can understand if you enjoy pushing buttons on a keyboard for your radio... but for me part of the fun is turning that great big knob on the front of my ic735.

I can't even stand menu driven modern rigs much less working a computer.

W4ZD, KG4ZAR, KB4BLU and 5 others like this.
  8. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So if lots of used Flex radios show up for sale it's a good thing and if lots of Icom and Kenwood radios go on the market it's a bad thing? Strange double standard there.
    Like 14 MHZ of spectrum on the band scope? I wonder what the IC-7610 will offer. I know that it won't require a computer or Maestro, or any other peripherals to operate. I know that it will cost less and will be more stable with embedded software that works.

I know when the IC-7300 came out a group of Flexers bought one at Dayton just so they could take it back to the Flex radio booth and try to run it down by comparing it to their four thousand dollar radio. And because of that single ignorant juvenile stunt alone I will never ever buy a Flex product. No reputable company would do such a thing in my book, not ever.

But if you feel inclined, there are a bunch of them on Ebay and other sites for way less than new so I guess more than a few are going back to knobs.

KG4ZAR, KE0NJG and AC0OB like this.
  9. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you get double standard out of my statement?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

10. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I assumed your original post was from the heart, now it is VERY CLEAR you have an agenda. My fault for not looking at the OTHER posts with the same title that you posted.....

ND4XE likes this.