Why Am I Getting Confirmation Notices?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KS2G, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Eric,

I looked closer into our old database and pulled out the record in question for review. I found a few things that struck me as odd. The record was added 2011-09-07 by the other party, then on 2011-09-09 you went in to edit the record (maybe trying to delete it?) and confirmed it. This was easy to do, even accidentally in V1, as if you simply clicked the checkmark, it confirmed the record, and you may have been none the wiser.

Regardless, this was easily resolved. I have removed the QSO from your logbook for you by deleting it, and unconfirmed it for the other party. I would highly recommend going to "Settings" then "Properties" and updating your license start date.

2. N0AMT

Fixed!

Fixed!

I found the culprit and reversed it. You can either delete the logs you don't wish to have (IE: Incorrect logs) or edit them and make them correct. Editing them will add the edited version back to the confirmation queue.

Thanks for the report.

3. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Alex, thanks, but you are WRONG on all counts:

1) I have never submitted any contact information to the QRZ Logbook -- and there has been no previous holder of my callsign.

2) I am not and never have been a QRZ Logbook user, so have never migrated anything from Version 1 to Version 2.

3) I am not a QRZ Logbook user, and should not be expected to go to the trouble of fixing errors created by some kind of bug in your system.

4) The other party is not entitled to confirmation of a QSO with me; I have no idea if we've ever had the claimed contact.

5) See response to #2.

4. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Since I am not, never have been, and never will be, a QRZ Logbook user, why don't YOU just delete all the contacts in my Logbook file?

Mel - KS2G

5. N0AMT

Hi Mel,

Unfortunately it appears you missed my most recent post to this thread where I admitted that I found the problem and have resolved it.

You can see the exact post a few lines above, or by clicking here: http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.ph...ng-Confirmation-Notices&p=3137681#post3137681

That said, I do want to point out that you did indeed migrate to V2, on Friday March 7th at 3:21 UTC according to our logs. Our system does not migrate anybody automatically. The only way to migrate is to open V2 and click on the button to start the migration. If, like you say, you didn't do it, I would change your password, however our login history for your callsign reveals nothing suspicious, thus leading me to believe that you performed the migration.

Regardless, the QSOs have been marked unconfirmed for you, and again you may choose to do nothing with them, or edit them, or delete them at your will, either way the issue on our end has been fixed.

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Apparently a few of us are not being understood. I have NEVER used QRZ logbook...of any version.....there was never anything TO migrate to a new version. These appear to be totally random entries. It's really no skin off my nose if it doesn't get fixed, because those are meaning less contact for me...but they might NOT be for someone else who might rely on QRZ logbook. There is something truly wacky about the program.

Eric

7. N0AMT

Eric, In V1 logbook, if the other party entered a QSO with you it showed up in your logbook. When you go to V2 for the first time, we bring those over. You can delete them all quite easily, or if you never intend on using the logbook, feel free to ignore them. The confirmation of those QSOs was either completed by you, or another user of your callsign previously. Inaccurate confirmations have already been fixed as you'll see zero confirmations for you in V2.

8. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Alex.

Thanks for your efforts, and I don't want to appear ungrateful but ...

Again, I am not and never have been --and do not intend to become-- a QRZ Logbook user.

I have never created a password or used a password to sign into the QRZ Logbook system ... and --never having used V1, have never migrated anything from V1 to V2.

I have never entered any QSO information into the system ... and since I do not want anyone thinking that any of the QSO information that's in the system reflects my on-air activities, I would appreciate it if you could remove that information.

Your further assistance would be much appreciated.

Mel - KS2G

9. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Alex can you post from which IP the changes were made from, I'm thinking someone might of hijacked his account. I would compare login ID's web browser version and any other metadata you have access to.

Just trying to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.