Why 3 ad limit ?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K7JOE, Sep 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

I can make a long ad to include all items for sale but individual ads are so much easier for both buyer and seller. Why limit to 3 ads per week. With all the hams dying off there is a lot of gear to move along to new homes. Qrz is unnecessarily limiting the flow by limiting listings. Certainly not abusive since the same stuff could be combined into a mega-ad.

Please reconsider the policy.

2. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

joe,

it is to keep the "serial posters" down (think craigs list) like the "garage sale pickers", or the "professional resellers". the site was forced to "pick a number".

K3XR likes this.
  3. K7JOE

How about a dozen - would have probably solved the issue... but OK, what ever.
    Thank goodness QTH.com allows more than 3 listings in a week. They will now get my additional listings! Easier to use/search/find what's being bought and sold anyway. Sour grapes? You bet...

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Might have more pull as a subscriber.

W7UUU likes this.
  5. K7JOE

Do subscribers get to list more than 3 ads per week ?

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

no

7. K7JOE

Lots of wasted time creating 2 ads that were not just flagged, but with no warning were just deleted.

Even the no-callsign violations get a flag but not nuked.

Worse- had a guy ask me by email about one of the items before it got deleted by moderators ... then he couldn’t find the ad.

Arbitrary new policy. Please consider changing it to something more accommodating.

W1BR likes this.
  8. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ever single policy we have here exists for the same reason: to prevent fraud.

We at QRZ have more experience at online ham radio swapmeets than just about anyone and the rules we have were written with the tears of those who lost time and money. We don't just make up rules to be mean. Every single one of them has a purpose. I could explain each rule in detail, but if you just read the rules post, it should be clear.

WB7OXP explained the reason for the 3-ad limit clearly.

Note:

You put any number of individual items in a single ad.

So, increasing the maximum from 3 to 12 makes no sense.

-fred